𝑾𝒉𝒚 𝒈𝒊𝒓𝒍𝒔 𝒃𝒊𝒕𝒆

Sitting and waiting. Waiting to make up tomorrow and show the judges her skills. See if she improved.

Suki looks at the so beautiful sky. Clear with the moon bright. So peaceful. As she's takes in the beautiful sky she tries not to think. Not anymore.

There's a soft knock at the door causing her to sigh. "It's open." She speaks exhausted. Training was so long and brutal that she could barely eat even if she wanted to.

She heard the sound of the door open before there was todo pairs of cold hands on her shoulders. Usually she would shiver but this actually cooled her off a bit.

"I'm still rooting for you." She heard Lana's voice whisper. She turned around and she almost smiled as she took a look at Lana's pale, beautiful face.

"Well then you're smart." She joked before chuckling. Lana sat down on the bed next to suki and rested her head on the other girls shoulder. "I know."

Suki then started thinking to herself. Should she tell Lana about the promise she made to haymitch? What would she think? This could go either way.

Either it would upset Lana to tell her or it would be detrimental not to tell Lana. She outweighed the risk and the answer was obvious.

"I need to tell you something important. And promise me you won't tell a soul." Lana gave suki a strange look but it was obvious she wanted her to keep talking.

"There will be no winner of the hunger games. I've made alliances and a deal with haymitch to get Katniss and peeta out of the arena before then. Almost half of the victors are in on it." She whispered. Lana's eyes widen in shock.

"How could this be? Why would he do such a thing? Why would he asked such a thing of you?" She asked in a concerned way. It wasn't too surprising that she wasn't mad at the victors going at the capitol.

"Because he knew that I'd be on their side." Throughout the years suki had stayed humble. Haymitch saw that as one of the many reasons to recruit her.

Lana's eyes narrow, almost glaring in anger. "No. You should just kill them. He might be setting you up." Lana didn't like the fact that one of her best friends was being put in an even bigger danger at a higher risk. Suki almost felt like maybe Lana was right and that she should make sure she's looking out for herself only.

But what if she was already? If she didn't act on this risk then her time in panem could only get worse with the capitol still running it. With snow still being president.

"That's a risk I'm willing to take. Now please, never tell anyone what we've just spoken of." Part of Lana wanted to give in but her pride wouldn't let her.

"He's gonna screw you over! He knows what he's doing, he's probably told them all to jump you." She jumps to conclusions.

She looks at suki trying to calm down. "...You know I'd do anything for you right? I only want to protect. Just like finnick and Johanna." Lana confessed making suki look at her with commiseration.

"I won't let that happen. I promise, I'll come back to you." Lana sighed and just as it looked like she was gonna calm down there was a small flare in her eyes.

"I'll kill that son of bitch." She spoke before trying to get up from the bed, only to be pulled back down by suki.

"Killing who now? You have nothing to worry about. nothing." To some it may sound like suki was trying to tell Lana about her privilege. How she should worry because she's not on the chopping block.

Suki softly cups Lana's cheek. "I'll make sure you're protected." A bit of serious grows in suki's eyes. "No one is gonna kill me or you."

And she meant that. With her whole heart. She was not gonna lose another person to the capitol. Not yet.