𝒅𝒐𝒍𝒍

It was cold but also warm. It felt good but almost bad. As more and more bile came up. As she seized up more and more.

The doctors didn't think suki would make it. Although they are always supposed to never let a victor die they were scared and doubting they could save her.

Where had her fire gone?

How or why could it possibly be burned out this quick?

Although she had one in a sneaky way everything from the games was so much for one person's body to take.

Suki didn't see herself as a good person. She thought maybe she deserved this.  Life was beautiful but she couldn't tell at times.

The doctors were sweating and panicking. They were losing hope. Mostly hope that snow would let them live for messing up.

"Press down!" The nurse yelled. They did everything in their power.

And it was all in vein.

The heartbeat only started to go lower and lower. Lighter and lighter. Fading.

"We lost her." One of the doctors choke out already starting to take off the blood stained gloves. They were all mad and shaking.

"I'm not dying because of you all! Because of district trash!" Another one screamed.

"Then try again and fail!" This was it. The victor of the 72nd hungers games would die during surgery and the doctors seemingly responsible would be turned to avoxes or killed. Maybe imprisoned.

"This is all on you guys." The first nurse shook his head with intensity in his eyes. "I'm not going to jail." He whispered determined.

"Well then how do we cover it up?" The female doctor asked. This was everyones—the new doctors first time getting ready to cover up "murder"—a mistake that wasnt theirs.

"We say that the little brat starters convulsing before she even stepped a foot inside. Or say one of her organs had already starting collapsing- o don't know. Just something."

The nurse whispered. The third one shook his head not agreeing. "No. I'm not apart of this." He suggested.

"Oh what, you feel guilty now? We could be killed!" Drax whispered yelled. "It's easy. We could pin this on what happened in the arena."
Many things did go on in the arena.

Cecile nodded breathlessly. There was so many small things that they could easily pin it on. How would they know the doctors and nurses gave up?

Aciano was getting hesitant now. "How would they know?" Drax chuckled. "How? We don't even have to get our hands dirtier. We it's have to wait for her move on." Move on meaning that they would wait for death.

"This is sick. So sick." Aciano whispered as he started to give in. "Besides, what if someone realizes we haven't been working on her and it takes long for her to wake up or move on?"

This caused a slight pause. This was something that needed to be thought about. Taken into accountability if you will.

"We speed up the process. We target somewhere that's already weak and a main problem." There was silence now. Cold, fighting silence.

This was something everyone still had to think about. It was wrong but they were all caving.

If they didn't put the blame on the other victors and the time then they'd be on the chopping block.

"Say she didn't feel one of her worse wounds from adrenaline. Say her body kept rejecting the medicines. Say she got blood poisoning. Damnit-"

There was another small silence. Drax almost yelled before stopping himself.