forty eight

trigger warnings; guns, death,
injuries, blood, mind control, torture, abandonment, red room, hydra, ect.

chapter forty eight
╰  ( wandavision: episode eight )

PART TWO
THE PERFECT SOLDIER
PAISLEY

💫 ━━ PAISLEY watched as a little girl, no more than two, wobbled on little feet with a block clutched in each hand. She looked happy, carefree, and safe.

"Paisley Joy." A woman crouched down beside the young dirty blond two year old. The older woman had dark black hair and a warm feeling to her. She scooped Paisley into her arms, a smile on her lips as she did so. "My little angel." 

"Hi, darling." A man stepped into the home shortly after, setting a brief case down onto the counter and heading towards his wife. "Oh, hello my little devil."

The wife gently smacked her husband arm. "She threw one block at you and she's the devil?"

The two laughed, unaware of what would happen next.

Paisleys eyebrows furrowed as looked towards the toddler. That was her, this was her life, these were her biological mom and dad. "Theres are my biological parents, right? This is my story now."

Agatha nodded. "It sure is, little devil. That's your mom, and your dad. Keep watching kiddo."

A knock rung through the area, echoing off the walls and ringing in Paisleys ears. She'd remember this moment for the rest of her life, it would start with a knock.

"I'll grab it." Paisleys biological father said, stepping away from his wife and heading towards the front door of their little home. He swung the door open, face to face with a woman who looked mad. She had shoulder length red hair and a black outfit that stretched across her entire body. "Good evening ma'am, could I help you?"

The unknown woman stepped into the home, lifted her gun, and let a bullet land in the head of Markus Joy, Paisleys biological father.

A scream left Paisleys mother's mouth, one of panic and one of concern for her dead husband. She turned her body, placing her daughter on the floor before she faced her husbands killer. Angela Joy kept her body in front of her daughter, protecting her.

The black widow, Natasha Romanoff, didn't even hesitate when it came to taking down her next target, Angela. She shot her down and let her body fall beside her daughter, who was unsure as what was happening.

"Shush." Natasha spoke harshly as scooped the baby up, leaving the bodies to bleed into the carpet and the toys to be forgotten.

Little Paisley was forced from her home, by a woman who she considered her aunt.

Agatha chuckled darkly, clapping her hands, "My, my, what a scene."

Paisley had just watched her biological parents die, and before she could even say anything, the scene changed and the world Paisley thought she had left behind, was once again happening.

"Ah, the red room." Agatha grinned, watching as the world around them changed.

A younger Paisley was standing with a gun to her head, tears streaming down her rosy cheeks.

"Do it." A woman spoke. She wasn't the one who took her, or the one who locked the handcuff around her wrist and bed frame at night, but she was the one forcing her to become a murder. "Now."

Paisley's fingers trembled as she squeezed the gun, the trigger included. The man ahead of her dropped to the floor, blood seeping from his skull. She had just murdered a man, she was a murder. But she didn't remember that, it was something that HYDRA had scrambled later on.

"Oh, a stone cold killer." Agatha chuckled darkly, her eyes widening as she watched the young girl toss the gun into the pool of blood. "Look, you even stopped crying."

Wanda brings her niece into her side, holding her as if it would take away the pain she was learning of. "My Pais."

Paisley pushed away from her aunt, staring dead ahead at Agatha and Lizzy, who stood beside each other. "What other wicked shit do you wanna show me, huh?!"

The scene changed just as quickly as it had happened.

A younger Paisley was standing in a doorway, bloodied and bruised. There were marks all over her body that were visible, and maybe some that weren't.

What had happened?

"The red room realized you were no good to them, that you would never make a proper Black Widow." Lizzy pointed out, as if it was something so calm and peaceful. Her voice held no empathy, yet on the inside she was crying for the girl she had gotten to know. "They owed a favour to HYDRA, and you become a test subject that day, when the Winter Soldier said he would not kill you — that's how you earned all those marks."

"He wouldn't kill me?" Paisley questioned as she tilted her head, her eyes burning with tears. "Why not?"

"Because deep down, he knew you had a life ahead of you. He was tortured for it, to the point he wished he had killed you." Agatha shrugged and the scene changed quickly, she was the master of the show today. "He even tried one day."

But that wasn't what she was showing now. She was showing Paisley standing in-front of a glowing gem, one that changed her life forever. She stood alone, a padded room around her, with the exception of the door and a one way mirror.

Paisley placed the tip of her finger against the glowing stone, curios as to what it would do to her, why she was in this room with it.

Her eyes flashed blue before she collapsed to the floor, a blue mist surrounding her, protecting her.

"And this is when you became a witch, a little devil too. You're much stronger than your auntie, did you know?" Agatha smiled as the world around them disappeared, letting the four stand together in the dark and gloomy basement of Agatha's home. "You could tear her apart, but she helped create who you are, but never let you get any further than her arms, because she knew."

"She was scared of you." Lizzy whispered, her eyes sad, but something that Paisley didn't notice. "She feared what you could become, what you are now."

"Paisley, they're wrong." Wanda spoke softly, reaching for her niece. Her focus was on her niece, her brothers daughter, until her own children screamed for her.

And like that, Paisley was left alone with Lizzy, who was as starting to become her enemy.

"Become who they fear, Paisley. Stand with us, and wrong the ones who are scared of you."

authors note — !! — rest in peace paisleys biological parents, pietro thanks you for bring his daughter into the world.