forty seven

trigger warnings; guns, death,
injuries, blood, bombs, ect.

chapter forty seven
( wandavision: episode eight )

PART ONE
THE BOMBING
WANDA AND PIETRO

💫 ━━ AGATHA chuckled. "It's been fun playing pretend for a while, hasn't it, Wanda? How about you Paisley? You liked the pretend play? Being a big kid in a fantasy world?" Agatha didn't wait for either of them to reply, choosing to ignore whatever they would have had to say anyways. "But it's time to look at some real reruns. All right, let's go."

Wanda stood her ground, shaking her head and staring the witch down. "No."

Agatha shook her head, a sinister smile resting on her lips. "Oh, I'm sorry. Did you forget who's got your children stashed away in her bewitched basement?"

"Mom! Mom! Help, please, Mom! Paisley, help!" One of the twins yelled out before one of the other twins yelled out as well. "Mom, help us!"

Agatha crackled out a laugh, open ending a metal door with the flick of her wrist. "That's right." It creaked as she moved to the side so Wanda and Paisley could step through before she and her daughter did. "After you, superstars."

Paisley stepped through the door first. Her eyes landed on the bare walls and the small boxed tv. It was homey, but she could tell that this family didn't seem to have a lot of money.

The bed was against the wall, only one, and it was dressed in white pillows and blankets. There were curtains over the windows, red couch and matching chair, a storage shelf where there were what Paisley believed to be treasured items.

"Oh. Charming. Love the Cold War aesthetic." Agatha spoke as she neared Paisley, placing a hand on her shoulder and turning her towards where a boy who looked eight or nine was sitting.

Her dad. "Dad?"

"Why are we here?" Wanda questioned, turning towards Agatha and waiting for answers. A few seconds later her eyes landed on someone in her heart, who she hasn't seen for a long time. "Mama..."

"Irina?" A man stepped into the home and stared to speak Solovian, his words flowing smoothly along side his accent.

"Papa..." Wanda eyed her father and mother, her heart aching in sadness as she watched and listened to them talk about how they needed to sell all the sitcoms they had.

Paisley stepped around the small home, her fingers reaching out and touching items that she was interested in. The blankets, the coil on the phone, the drip from the sink that kept running. She was curios as to where her father and aunt had grown up, where they had lived, where they became who they are.

Paisleys father — well young Pietro — turned around, coming face to face with her. He stepped around her, as if in that moment there was an invisible force that had stopped him from stepping forward. She wanted to know him, to know who he was before she had meet him all those years ago.

Within minutes of the show being started, Paisley had watched her father, aunt, and grandparents, be thrown around from a force no one was ready for.

Ash covered the area and Paisley took a step back, scared that something would happen again.

A bomb laid near Wanda and Pietro, the two on their stomachs underneath the bed they were hiding under.

Stark.

The words were as bright as they could be. Paisley remembers the her uncle telling her about a part of his life he didn't like, was this it? Was he someone who created bombs that were used to murder people and their families? Did innocent people die for his wealth?

Paisley gasped as she placed her hand against her head, a pain radiating through her skull as she cried out. "Auntie!"

Wanda went to take a step forward, but Agatha stopped her, her fingers flicking quickly before Paisley seemed to be all better. "I had to do a lot of digging in that head of yours, Paisley, and oh my, are you a little more twisted than your auntie?"

"No." Paisley glared at her neighbour.

The woman chuckled before she turned towards Wanda once again. So much trauma ... and yet you were safe as kittens the whole time. So, what I see here is a baby witch, obsessed with sitcoms and years of therapy ahead of her." Agatha pointed towards the young Wanda and Pietro. "Doesn't explain your recent hijinks though? Where'd you get the big guns, Wanda? I don't wanna go back there. I know you don't, but it's good medicine, angel. The only way forward is back. But we'll make a pit stop in someone else's life."

A door opened, and Paisley had no choice but to go through it.