forty one

chapter forty one
╰  ( wandavision: episode two )

💫 ━━ PAISLEY bounces out of her room, fluffing out the dress her aunt had given her. She was supposed to be helping her uncle in the magic show, being the girl that disappeared and the appeared.

"Paisley?" Vision called out, waiting for his nice to near the stairs. It wasn't far from her room, and to the top of the stairs, but he knew she often got distracted by something else. "Coming?"

"Yes!" Paisley hurried to the top of the stairs before she hurried down them, almost stumbling and falling flat on her face. "Hi, uncle vis."

"Hi dear, are you ready?" Wanda smiled sweetly, her own similar dress puffing out at the sides. "And how about you Paisley, excited?"

"Oh absolutely!" Paisley bounced happily, her eyes lighting up in excitement. "Can we practice, Vis?"

Vision nodded, standing on one of the sides of the tall standing box. He opened the door, letting Paisley step inside. "Listen closely as I, Illusion, Master of Enigma, make my captivating assistant disappear!"

He closes the door, allowing Paisley to step behind a hidden door, making her disappear from the human view when Vision would open the door.

"Abracadabra!" Vision smiled, waved his hand and opened the tall box, showing that his niece had disappeared. "Ta-da!"

Wanda clapped her hands, cheering for her robot husband and her niece. By time she had let her hands fall to her sides, Paisley re-emerged from the hidden wall, grinning from ear to ear. 

"Um, Wanda, Paisley, you're not at all worried that the audience might just see through this little charade?" Vision asked, worry washing over him as he looked between his handy dandy assistant and his wife.

This little charade, their life maybe?

Wanda hummed. "Well, that's the whole point! In a real magic act, everything is fake."

Paisley smiled from where she stood, puffing out her dress again and again, making it look perfect. "The talent show fundraiser is the most important event of the season, and it's our duty to participate now! And we should apear normal, and I right? You're a walking-talking robot uncle Vis."

"Well, I don't think that should be a problem." Vision gestures to his face, somehow, magically, making it look human with skin and human features.

Wanda pulled Paisley to her side, "This is our home now. I want us to fit in."

Vision tilts his head, soft smile on his lips. "Oh, darling. We do. We shall. And we're going to knock their socks off. Especially with little cheeks like this," he reached out at tapped Paisleys cheeks.

Wanda nods in agreement before she checks her watch, noticing she's almost running late to her and Paisleys little planning committee meeting. "Well, we better get going if we're gonna make the planning committee meeting."

Vision nodded, shifting around the living room and pulling on his coat. He smiled at his wife and niece. "That's me off as well, actually. There's a gathering of the neighborhood watch at the public library. And after last night's excitement, I want to make sure this town's security is up to snuff."

"That's a swell idea. You tell those tree branches who's boss." Wanda chuckled before she leaned in for a kiss, placing her lips against her husbands.

"Would you look at that? Wanda and Vision. Westview fitter-inners." Paisley chuckled, grinned up at her family as she fiddled with the ring on her finger — she wasn't sure where it came from, or why it was there, but it was a shade of blue and she quickly had grown fond of it.

Wanda waved goodbye, "I'll see you at curtain call."

Paisley had wondered off, heading outside to breathe in the fresh air and enjoying the sun casting down on her skin. It's when she wasn't paying attention to anything that she noticed the pop of red in the bushes ahead of her.

Why is nothing in colour.

Paisley picks up the plane, holding it in between her fingers as she tries to figure out where it could have came from and why it looked the way it did.

"Howdy, Pais." Lizzy steps towards the girl, turning her head slightly as the plane falls back into the bushes. "I brought my pet rabbit. For yours and your uncles magic act."

Paisley nodded, trying to figure out if Lizzy had noticed the pop of colour that was peaking out of her aunts bushes. "Oh, yes, yes, thank you Lizzy! We will take good care of him."

Paisley takes the caged bunny from Lizzy, just as Agnes steps towards the two girls. "Señor Scratchy just loves the stage. He played baby Jesus in last year's Christmas pageant."

Paisley laughed, rushing into the house and leaving the bunny inside, and bringing her aunt outside.

Lizzy looped her arm with Paisley, walking side by side a few feet ahead of Wanda and Agnes. "Are you ready to meet Queen of the culdesac, and her royal subjects?"

Paisley chuckled at how Lizzy was describing the older lady. "She can't be that bad, can she? Dottie sounds lovely from the lady I talked to this morning."

Lizzy stopped, turning her head quickly to the side once they neared Dottie's home. "As my mother would say, 'you'll notice her roses bloom under penalty of death.'"

"They're pretty," Paisley chirped, flashing a small smile as she eyed the roses. Lizzy only continued to drag Paisley forward.

"Oh look," Lizzy pointed to where a boy around their age was standing by Dottie's door, a platter of food held in his hands. "That's her son apparently, he's been living with his biological father somewhere else. I think an affair, but who knows."

💫 ━━ PAISLEY swung her legs forwards as she sat on the plastic seat of the swing. Lizzy was beside her on one of the other swings. They weren't too far away from all the mothers and ladies attending the meeting.

"I like your ring." Lizzy pointed out, the metal around Paisleys finger sparkled in the reflection of the sunlight. "It's pretty, suits you."

Paisley looked down at the metal around her finger. "Thanks! I'm not to sure where I got it, but it fits perfectly."

"Hello, ladies." The boy that Lizzy had pointed out when nearing Dottie's house spoke. "Can I hangout? You know these meetings are beyond boring."

Lizzy nodded quickly, not even bothering to look to her new friend Paisley. "Of course, take a seat."

"Thank you. I'm Ryder." Ryder stuck his hand out, reaching for Lizzys first. Once he shook the black haired girls hand, he moved towards Paisley, letting his handshake linger a few seconds to long.

"I'm Elizabeth, but I prefer Lizzy."

"I'm Paisley, but you can call me Pais. Or I had a friend call me Pie once, you can call me pie." Paisley chuckled at the end of her sentence, unsure as to who had called her pie. She just remembered a voice saying 'hi pie' to her.

"Lizzy, lovely to meet you." Ryder smiled softly before he turned his body towards Paisley once again. His eyes lingered a few seconds longer and he couldn't help but notice she held no scars across her visible skin. "It's nice to meet you as well, Paisley Maximoff."