twenty seven

chapter twenty seven
( infinity war )

💫 ━━ THANOS appears in front of Doctor Strange and Paisley, who had been the only two together. It seems as if there's no one else around, just the two of them and the mad titan.

Strange nods from where he's sitting, his body relaxed although he knows what it going to happen and what he's going to have to do. "Oh, you're much more of a Thanos."

Thanos looks around, the broken ship, the torn up ground. He takes in the destruction that welcomes him. "I take it the Maw is dead. This day extracts a heavy toll. Still, he accomplished his mission."

Strange places the rock he had been fiddling with on the ground. Thanks steps forward but Strange doesn't seemed fazed, nor does Paisley. "You may regret that. He brought you face-to-face with the Master of the Mystic Arts. And a young — but powerful —witch." Steven speaks.

"And where do you think he brought you?" Thanos asks, disregarding what Strange had said about himself being a Mystic Arts Master, and Paisley being a powerful witch.

"Your home?" Paisley answers, but her words come out sounding like a question. She wonders if this was his home, and what it had looked like before.

"It was. And it was beautiful." Thanos smiles faintly, remembering what it had been like before. Thanos uses the Reality Stone to show Strange and Paisley what his home had looked like before. It's full of green grass, turquoise coloured buildings, happy people sitting and gathering by a fountain. It looked wonderful, peaceful. "Titan was like most planets. Too many mouths, and not enough to go around. And when we faced extinction, I offered a solution."

Strange hummed, "Genocide."

"But at random, dispassionate, fair to rich and poor alike. They called me a madman. And what I predicted came to pass." The illusion Thanos had created fades and the original version of Titan; the broken and empty version, is all that's left.

Paisley fiddled with her fingers, tapping each finger to her thumb as she waited. The had a feeling of what was to come, but she couldn't help but wonder what the mad titan would do face to face with a child. Her thoughts are interrupted as Steven tilts his head and talks, "Congratulations. You're a prophet."

Thanos doesn't agree. "I'm a survivor."

"Who wants to murder trillions."

Paisley is quick to look between the big purple alien and the wizard. Her eyes are wide — and she's scared. No one ever told her that he wanted to kill people, and Thanos and Steven have been using really big words that she didn't understand. It hits her like a train that he is going to kill trillions if she and the others can't stop him.

"With all six stones, I could simply snap my fingers, and they would all cease to exist. I call that ... mercy." Thanos snaps his non gloved hand, illustrating what he had to do in order for his plan to work.

Strange stands up, Paisley copying his actions. She fiddles with her fingers as he watches Stephen tit his head to the side. She wonders what would happen to Peter and Ryder. What would happen to her uncle, to her aunt. She blinks up at Stephen as he looks the titan in his eyes. "And then what?"

Thanos moves his hand away from his body, swinging outwards slightly. "I finally rest ... and watch the sun rise on a grateful universe. The hardest choices require the strongest wills."

Strange looks down at Paisley, silently asking if she's ready for what is about to happen. She nods, prompting Doctor Strange use some kind of hand motions to form a spell. " I think you'll find our will equal to yours."

"Ours?" Thanos looks up just in time to a see a chunk of wreckage coming down on him, pushed down by Iron Man. He tries to use one of the stones powers to stop the wreckage from crashing down onto him, but his actions were too slow.

Tonys voice is heard in Paisleys ear piece. She smiles knowing that he's okay despite nothing having happened to anyone yet. "Piece of cake, Quill."

Peter Quill flies in from the opposite side of Tony. His mask closes around his face. "Yeah, if your goal was to -tick- him off."

The wreckage on top of Thanos erupts and the pieces glow with purple. He shouts as he uses the Power Stone to force the pieces at Iron Man. They turn into what looks to be hundreds of little butterflies that are heading right towards him, with intentions to cause harm. Tony backs away, attempting to get away from the magic.

Spiderman, or Peter,  webs Thanos's eyes shut, and swings froward, kicking him in the face before he swings away o he isn't caught in anyone else's way. He lands beside Paisley who's fingertips are glowing blue. He looks down at her, "Pais?" He can't help but wonder if it's too much for her.

"Petey?" Paisley looks up, her eyes flashing blue before they settle and the blue gaze disappears. "Hi."

"You can do this, you know. All you have to do when someone gives you the signal is send him some kind of illusion. Like mental manipulation? Is that what your aunt calls it?" Peters eyes on his mask squint as he looks down at the younger girl.

Paisley nods, watching as Strange and Drax both attempt to attack the mad titan. From an orange portal, Ryder appears and starts to kick and push Thanos around, muttering the word magic with each attack. "I know. And she doesn't really call it anything, she refused to teach me anything about it. But because I've copied her powers so many times, it's like everything that was hers, is now mine. Does that make sense, Petey?"

Peter nods, because he will pretend he knows for her. "Of course." He kneels, so he's face to face with the younger girl. "You'll be okay, you know. There's nothing to worry about. You're my sister, Pais, I'll protect you no matter what."

Paisley flings herself into Peters arms, not knowing that this will be the last time she'll be able to hug him for a long time. As she pulls away, Tony's voice is heard in her com. "Paisley, do your thing. You've got this, kiddo." Paisley nods to herself in response to his words. She pretends she isn't nervous.

Peter stands beside her as they both walk forward. He holds his hands in front of his body, to catch her and protect her if anything were to happen. Ryder is only a few steps away, sharing a look with Peter as the girl tries to get as close as she can to the mad titan.

Her fingers and eyes glow an electric blue, like her father's signature colour when he sped around. It helps her feel connected with her father, even when he isn't by her side. When she's close enough to the titan, she flicks her hands and allows her magic to flow towards his head. It wraps around his purple head within seconds, and his eyes turn a blue colour.

Paisley closes her eyes, watching as her black sight turns into a whole different sight. It's darker purple, and a heavy fog covers almost everything. There's a cliff, where a green woman stands there. Beside him is the mad titan who almost looks a afraid. There's a size difference between the daughter and father, but that didn't matter as the woman pushed her father to the ground bellow. Death. Paisley controls Thanos's fear, and as she does so from where she is, she manages to make it so he can see what she can see. His death as the hands of his adoptive daughter, whom he had saved and nurtured. Who in his eyes, owned him her life.

"One more minute, Paisley!" Tony yells, but his voice is a mer whisper as she watches the scene before her. Thanos is dead, and his daughter holds a glowing stone in her hand. The soul stone. She doesn't know what's going to happen, but it must be something completely different from what Thanos had wanted.

"Ah!" Peter yelps, stepping backwards as the mad titan blinks away the fuzziness. He knocks back into Paisley, causing her to become distracted and lose her concentration.