Chapter 39-Truth Behind the Shadows

There was an awkward silence in the palace  Rudra"s ruthless death by King Vansh made everyone dumbfounded. The whole palace was preparing for Gangaur festival with much zeal and enthusiasm but the death of the Commander in chief had somewhat retarted the happiness. Mandakini couldn't sleep for nights even Kabirvadra was distressed. His ploy to use Vansh "s power and support seemed slipping from their hand. He had always trusted Mandakini 's vision over his council of ministries. Was it a bad move?  Kabir stretched his body on the side pillow and recalled how he on his hunting tour in Vaishali got to meet Mandakini as a seductive florist. How he brought her in lieu of 600 golden coins along with his brother whom he had trained so well that He served his army. Rudra was a leech and characterless fellow but undoubtedly an efficient one. As long as he used to win battles for him and comply with his crooked plans, Kabir was not bothered what he does outside the palace.

Ragini,her closed eyes, was lying on the bed. The flashes of the blood engulfed dead body,Vansh 's piercing glare shievered her to the core. Tears trickle down her cheeks when she thought about how Riddhima confronted her.There was a glow and pride in her face to be the King"s wife. Ragini smiled inwardly. No,She is not insecure of her.. It was her destiny to be the queen. It is not that she was unhappy . She got what she wanted. If Riddhima would have not taken the risk,she would have been in a loveless marriage. She closed her eyes and recalled her simple village life with Dhruva. Initially it was a little tough but she was gradually coping up with her new life. Ragini suddenly felt an urge to puke.She got up and almost ran to the wash basin to ooze out what was gurgling in her stomach. Her mouth filled with an acidic taste as she sat with great exhaustion on her bed but the very next moment her eyes were rolled in astonishment to see her Aunt standing near her room.
She smiled awkwardly and said 
I think I had consumed a lot of spices…it's just ... .Bhamini Devi calmly entered the room and pressed her nerves.
'How many months?' she asked.
Ragini zipped her lips. Now she was caught.
My hair had not turned grey just like that..Bhamini Devi tucked Ragini"s hair behind her ears. I have experienced this when she pointed out her stomach thrice in my life. I have lost two. I know all the symptoms of pregnancy. So dare not hide anything from me! 
Ragini had no words to defend herself.
For how long were you planning to hide your pregnancy?Bhamini Devi sighed in disbelief. 
Is it even possible 
Bua Sa I was about to tell you Ragini tried to reason.

When?Bhamini stood in frustration. It is good news Ragini. You should tell this to everyone.
She halted for a moment. 
"Wait, did your Husband know about it? Bhamini expressed her doubt. She was a veteran. She knew that something was wrong between Ragini and her husband? 

Is everything alright between you and Rajasaye? She patted Ragini"s shoulder. Why are you hiding the most special news to your own husband? Does he mistreat you? Ragini was feeling void of words as Bhamini was bombarding multiple questions to her.
Buasa listen to me please! She finally could manage to stop her.
Its nothing serious. Rajasaye was busy with heavy administrative affairs.He was in war a month back. I could not tell him. We had a normal conjugal fight before coming here. I will tell him after the Gangaur Festival. Ragini finally managed to pacify Bhamini by her lies. More lies and more complications and more web of misunderstandings ensuing she realised. Ragini lie down on the bed and sighed. 
Everyone has to pay for their love. Riddhima and she are now in the same boat which they don't even  know is moving to what direction!

Life had been quite complicated for me for a year. I know you people had been eagerly waiting for the King's wife and had posted your requests. I was in a severe writing block. Historical romance needs a lot of research and I am not a person who will write any random stuff. King"s wife is quite close to my heart. Now finally I have decided to finish it. Thank u for your wait. This is just a very small chapter to sum up the events happening. I promise a long chapter with Riansh  Romance in the next chapter. Very soon the secrets will be unveiled redirecting the story to its climax .

Tangled to him will be posted soon.