Episode -22 - Glimpses of Past

Trilochani Devi 's Bed Chamber

"You summoned my presence Rajmata?" Trilochini Devi looked up to her. "Undoubtedly, she is a beauty".!

She murmured.

Mohini, frankly, was quite shocked, when she was summoned by the grandmother of the crown prince.

Trilochani devi scanned her minutely.
"She has all the curves in the right places. " thought she.
Petty waist, plump hips, round breasts. Her eyes are seductive and big. She contemplated.

She had even heard from her maids that when Mohini came to the palace, Vansh liked to spend time with her, no matter how short it was.

She in fact, was worried that if her grandson kept continuing his dalliance with a keep, even after marriage, it would affect his conjugal life. Now when she has seen Mohini, a sly curve of smile plays in her lips . She cannot let a low class woman capture her Son "s heart. Now she will have to think otherwise with Mohini.

Ridhima 's Royal Bathroom

"Do you know how to play Chess jagruki?". asked Riddhima, while her eyes were closed and Jagruki was massaging her body
with sandalwood paste, mashed paste of rose,balsam,  jasmine?turmeric and buttermilk.

Jagruki was off guard to hear such question all of a sudden.

"I beg your pardon Ranisaye!" I dont know how to play chess.''.

She signalled Archana to start applying Indian gooseberry, Soapberry and Rugata extract on her hair. Riddhima loves to relish this princely treatment while bathing.

After having a warm bath and a fantastic massage. She will sleep for two to three hours,.so that she looks fresh as a daisy.

Her life has changed drastically within seven days. She was just a maid, who used to wake very early in the morning, and start doing everything that her princess Ragini used to need. Now on the other hand, she is served with all the best things.

All the maids and servants are running errands, at her one wick of finger.

"Is there no one who knows how to play chess?" she asked.

"I am afraid to admit you Ranisaye....There is none " Jagruki quipped.

She, being the closest, knew why her Ranisaye was asking this.

She didn't want to break her little heart, but it was the fact that women who belong to royalty or served the royalty were not allowed to play such games. Dice, and Chess were such games, which was only known by the

Concubines.

Women of Uday Kshetra were given education, training in Dance and music sometimes, But indoor or outdoor sports were totally prohibited for them.

"You can learn from Mohini. I heard she plays chess very well. Rajsaye would spend the whole night in her room ".Archana, who was a new recruit, blabbered, suddenly, quite unaware of what she was saying.

"Oh can you just shut up!

You fool! Jagruki yelled at her.

She smacked her own head.

"What this stupid woman is doing? Does she want to lose her job?"

"Did anyone ask your opinion? Jagruki yelled.

"Calm down Jagruki! Riddhima stops her. She looked at the poor girl. She is just a kid of 15 years.

She was shuddering in fear.
.: "I...I....I....she was stammering. Archana folded her hand. Her eyes brimmed with pool of tears.
"I sincerely apologize Ranisaye ..I didn't mean to offend you or hurt you.I am sorry.