Chapter -36 -Friend or Foe?

The Royal Patio

With the breaking of the dawn , Ragini and her chief hand's maid Chitra entered into the spacious patio . Chitra is performing all the chores , since Riddhima had gone to Udaykhetra.

Refined Rice , Clarified butter , Jaggery, Raw milk . Banana and various aromatic ingredients were placed along with new sliver curtly in the patio . It would be the first time Rajkumari Ragini would make some preparations. Two more maids came there to accompany her . Scrunching her brows , Ragini recalled how her aunt persuaded and convinced her to prepare the Ranibhog even if she was showing persistent reluctance to prepare it . Her aunt was loving towards her ,but at the same time she was very strict and particular about performing the rituals .

"Ekant" ! Ragini shuddered, to listen to the voice she was avoiding till now.

Riddhima comes out from behind the curtains . She ,since morning, was waiting for the princess to arrive . Ragini glared at her intensely and immediately understood who gave Bhamini Devi the idea of Ranibhog?

Riddhima's heart aches to see her bestfriend glaring at her . Had it been any other time ,she would have run to her to hug her . The other maids along with Chitra, dispersed from their vicinity, as they knew that the best friends are meeting after a long time and they will be requiring privacy to bare their heart .

Ragini smirked at Riddhima and taunt her

"So the new queen of Udaykhetra had learnt political moves from her husband. I presume, when I refuse to meet you, you carved this farce of Rani Bhog so that you can get a hold on me" !

Riddhima didn't answer her question and asked politely.

"How are you Rajkumar?".

"Oh cut off these pleasantries! "

She swatted away her hands.

"Now help me in making the Rani Bhog."

Riddhima smiled at her .

"Do you think You are in a position to order me? Don't you know who I am?"

she asked.

"Nonetheless,you will not prepare Rani Bhog. Riddhima asserted.

"First of all,

Rani Bhog is a ritual , and I , the wife of the crown prince, would perform it

Secondly, you must have forgotten, I am the queen of Udaykhetra... Hence I don't need to bow down to you ... We are in a way ,now are in equanimity ... If not that I am somewhat superlative than you ."

That what Riddhima told Ragini was the truth ,and it irked her .

"Don't you think you have become too audacious?"

She spat .

"I am telling the truth. This is called clarity not audacity ".

She replied .

" I am still the princess of Manyabhum and none speaks to me with this tone!

How can you forget that You became the queen by my mercy and now you are trying to teach me how I should behave with a maid? "

Ragini "s words pour hot lava in her ears. She at once recalled the fond memories they spent in the palace.

"Maid ? "

Riddhima... hid her tears ,and tried to confirm Ragini "s statement .

" It was my fault..that I gave you so much licence . I should have listened to my elders and would have kept you within your limits. "