Chapter 43 - Announcement

Esme's POV

Today has been so full of smiles and moments where id find myself excited and then crying and I could of sworn Reggie was trying to out cry me earlier.

"Esme everything's all set us now. Alls we are waiting for is you darling"
I will say Robyn has been my family since I got here and the same goes with Jacob and Charlie. Alls me and Finley ever wanted was to feel loved and treated like apart of the family but since I haven't had that all my life I had to settle for the beatings and the neglect my old pack gave. There was no love, there was no respect oozing out of everyone's paws, if you was an omega you was better of dead, unless you proved useful to the Alpha which the previous Alpha often let on how he endured such high hopes for my body. The man creeped me out big time.

"I'm ready. Can you Have Jaxon sit at front for now if that's okay please. I don't want them assuming I need him every time I make a speech" not that I've ever done a speech in front of what feels like thousands of people.

"Of course. Are you sure you want to do this?"

"Yes. I'll get the duties done first to make it look like a formal meeting and then I'll drop the news. Finley's left me message after message asking what's going on and Why Jax is sitting in crowd instead but I can't say anything without spilling the beans"

Robyn chuckles and then heads out front. My mind if swirling with so many emotions and thoughts but I can't seem to find myself getting anxious or anything. Maybe I have improved.

I head on down stairs and to the hall wearing casual clothing which consists of leggings, trainers a top and my favourite pink and white sweater on top with it still being a bit cool outside at night and stop abruptly when I find Finley outside.

"Esme...what's going on"

"Trust me and go and sit down. I've hyped myself up for this and to speak in front of everyone I need you to trust me and go inside"
After spending a few moments reminding myself that I'm okay I head on inside and stand at the mic, the chatters begin to quieten down upon my presence and I can't help but feel proud and pride. A pack I came to 8 months ago now a pack I help run and lead with my mate. It's my honour and my life.

"Good evening everyone"

Several cheers and words of "Evening Luna" sounded across the room and again I catch sight of my mate and son at the front of the row smiling up at me.
After a few seconds I let the crowd calm down again when I get a mind-link from the man himself... ' you amaze me every day my love. I'm so proud of you'  I smile back down at him to show him how grateful I am to him and he reciprocates the smile with his pearly white teeth.

"Okay, so I'm glad everyone could make it. Thank you for joining me tonight. First off I'd like to say a massive well down to our trainers who have being nothing but patient with the little pups and allowing them kick their asses to let them win"

I hear abrupt laughters fill the room so I know I've hit somewhere.

"Yes I've watched...and it fills me with pride to have a team who is happy to get their asses whooped in order to keep a smiling child on board so Thankyou" I say with nothing but gratitude.

"Another announcement I'd like to make is that is 3 weeks time we are hosting our own miniature gala to let of some steam from all the hard work our pack has put in. The amount of people we send to different packs to help out you all deserve a break. I have organised it and it's happening so get your dancing shoes on because I don't not want to see anyone there. I want the whole hall packed, is that clear" I ask with amusement lacing my voice. Again so many voices cheer and howl that echo through the walls I enjoy the noises.

"Right now we've got those two things sorted, can I please have Alpha Jaxon up here. Leave little man with Your mom because she already knows what's happening"

"Yes Ma'am" he says back at me with confusion lacing his voice and it only makes me more nervous.

"I came to this pack 8 months ago and on those 8 months me and Jaxon has had it tough, in the beginning as you all know me and my twin brother Finley, wasn't in a good place but then I began to put my trust in my mate here and he showed me how I can be happy, it's been a rollercoaster but then we had our son Reggie and tonight is an announcement that I have been trying to wrack my brain around all day"

"Es...what's going on" Jaxon asks cautiously.
"Do you trust me" I ask back with the microphone still in hand.

He nods his head and I get my Que to carry on.

"Anyway. Underneath this box is a surprise for my fiancé tonight, I gathered you all here because you are my family. I took on a role to lead a pack along Jaxon because I wanted to, even with his snoring and sleep talking" I say winking in his direction which earns me a booming laugh from my mate and the rest of the crowd.

"Anyway, Jaxon if you can, could you please lift the sheet off the box planted to the table"

After a few moments of waiting, my heart hammering and the silence filling the room, He lifts the sheet off and opens the box up. Tears begin to well in his eyes at the moment he realises what's inside the box.
He looks up in my direction and my heart begins to throb when he launches his self at me and places a lingering kiss on my lips before whispering into my ear.
"Is...is this true?"

"It is. Me and mamma went to the pack today"

"Esme...I fucking love you"

I look out the crowd, Robyn already smiling proudly and looking at the confused faces makes me carry on.

"So today I realised how mardy I have been, the way I have been eating Brownies like no tomorrow and the pounds I thought I was packing in but no... Family of the midnight pack, I would like to make the official announcement of the fact that I am 6 weeks and 5 days pregnant with our little girl."

After spilling the truth to everyone my brother is quick to come up and give me a bone crushing hug before Naomi is second in line followed by Charlie and Hunter then my father in law who is quick to whisper how proud he is.

"Well done our girl. A son and a daughter! You've blessed us with all we want and could ask for. 3 grandchildren will be full for Christmas. So proud of you" he says as he gives me a bone crushing hug too.

After what feels like hours on my feet I get swept to the dance floor by my brother for a slow dance who then tells me how proud and excited he is and I can't hold back the tears any longer.
"Esme I'm so proud of you. Don't cry. It took so much guts standing up there and delivering several speeches and you held your confidence with grace and pride and I couldn't be any more happier for you! I love you so much"

"Oh Finn....you have no idea how much that means to me! Now that everyone knows I'm pregnant it's going to be a fun journey I'm sorry I didn't tell you earlier I just couldn't risk Alana been a big mouth and dropping hints to blaze who also has a big mouth" I say with laughter.

"Can I steal my finance now?"

"She's all yours mate. Congratulations again Brother" he says slapping Jax on the back in a 'bro hug' as they call it.

"Since when does my wolf have a big mouth?" He asks with pure amusement in him.

"Since the blabber mouth told what I said that's when" I laugh out while leaning in to kiss him as everyone joins in with the fun and dancing with a Buffett table for those who haven't eaten yet. Of course I've hidden stashes of snacks and trays of cake in my room....I have the best excuse as to why I'm hiding them.

"I can't believe this. I knew you were beginning to change a little but this..." he says while holding my belly in one hand and Reggie in the other..." is beyond anything I could have ever dreamt off" he says as he kisses me tenderly and sweet.

"You complete me woman..."