Chapter 67 - I hate Hospitals

Esme's POV

As the darkness enveloped all my senses, I struggled to discern the passage of time. My mind was a jumbled mess, memories of the past week or month blurring with the present. Had I imagined Jaxon's presence in the underground shitpit Or was it a cruel trick played by my drug-addled brain?

My body felt heavy and weak, the lingering effects of Adeline's concoctions still coursing through my veins. But amidst the fog, a voice, soft and gentle, a voice I knew all too well.

Jaxon's voice.

Jaxon whispered, his breath warm against my hand.

"Esme baby. That's it just keep opening them slowly" he says which has me wanting to open then with full force but the lights hurt a little so I had to close them until I could manage to adjust to the brightness.

My eyes fluttered open, and there he was, standing over me, his piercing, beautiful eyes filled with concern. I reached out a trembling hand, desperate to confirm his presence.

'Jaxon,' I murmured, my voice barely a whisper.

He took my hand in his, his grip firm and reassuring. 'I'm here, princess, You're safe now.'

A surge of emotion washed over me as I realised that Jaxon was real, and he had come to my rescue. Tears of relief and joy streamed down my face.

'How did you find me?' I asked, my voice still weak.

'I never stopped looking,' Jaxon replied. 'When you disappeared, I knew something was wrong. I searched every corner of the lands until I finally found you. Charlie and Dylan followed the blueprints..." upon my confused focus he must have sensed that I needed telling what happened fully.

"I didn't sleep much as I searched for you, spent some time with the kids and then had work to do but I could never get you out of my head, the fear of loosing you, it almost killed me Es. I was just on my way out when Dylan showed up telling us he didn't know where Adeline was and that she hadn't come home in 3 going on 4 nights. I beat the shit out of him for everything that they have put you through throughout your life and I wanted to end his life. I'm not a violent person but you're my wife, my mate, the mother to my children and your life is worth ending theirs." He says as he carries on explaining everything.

I closed my eyes, overwhelmed by his feelings and the guilt. I had been so lost and alone, but Jaxon had never given up on me.

As I drifted back to sleep, even though I have probably done nothing but sleep, I felt the bed dip, my body being pulled into a firm chest. Jaxon's arms wrap around me, his body a warm and comforting embrace. I knew that with him by my side I could do anything.

When I awoke the next morning, I was still groggy, but the fog in my mind had lifted. Jaxon was laying beside me, talking to his father, His voice was like a soothing balm, sexy as fuck as well.

"Good morning" I whispered, reaching out to touch his face.

Jaxon smiled,"Good morning princess. Dad stopped by. He and mom hasn't left the hospital but Finley wants to come down" he says as he strokes my hair. I love how his body relaxes me so easily. Comforting.

"Good morning darling." Jacob says as he approaches and strokes the top of my head as well. Robyn comes barraging in through the room door with cups of coffees and embraces me gently but firmly. A motherly love that I needed right about now.

I spent the next few days in the hospital. I actually hate hospitals. slowly regaining my strength and clarity of mind.

As I recovered there, Jaxon refused to leave my side. Robyn cooked for us so I didn't have to have hospital food, she made plenty of brownies too which I would be forever grateful deformed, and Finley came by most days as well with our dad and they held me close whenever I felt overwhelmed. It was overwhelming being in a small room with many people coming in and out but the love and support were the medicine I needed to heal both my body and my soul.

One evening, as we sat on the couch together overseeing the hospital grounds, Jaxon took my hand and looked into my eyes. "I know you've been through a lot," he said, "but I want you to know that I'm here for you, no matter what."

Tears of happiness welled up in my eyes. "I love you, Mr Hayes" I whispered. "More than anything in the world."

He leaned forward and kissed me, his lips soft and tender. "I love you too, Mrs. Hayes" he said. "And I promise to protect you always."

Being here in the hospital creeps me out but I needed the comfort of my children more than anything so the next time I got to text Finley I asked him to bring Delilah and Reggie. I couldn't wait to see them.

"Jaxon" I ask while watching the movie on his laptop. He peered over at me.

"Yes my princess" he says in his tired gruffly voice. A voice that turns me on so much as well and he knows it. God does he know it seems how his eyes have gone dark and he is up on his feet locking the door and closing all curtains. Oh fuck...

"What did you need baby" he asks...once again in a deep voice that I don't even know how he puts it that low. Is it a man thing?

"I...I don't remember" I say while the big gulp of saliva barricades itself at the back of my throat.

He climbs back onto the bed and turns the lights down so it's semi dark and his hands trail all along my body. His lips find mine and it's a... I don't even know it's a bit of a possessive and relief kiss that he's doing, his tongue tries to dominates mine and finds a rhythm before he's laying above me grinding his hips into me, holding me everywhere he can get too and I will say it's a good way to work out right now...you know...you got to keep the muscles moving right?

"Oh fuck..." he says as his hands reach my underwear which is dripping wet. So wet.

"Your fucking dripping princess." He says as he goes to lean into kiss me, his fingers still where they were 2 minutes ago and he's just about to slip them in and I know I need him, I need his closeness right now but the knock on the door pulls us both back to the present moment.

"Saved by the knock" he says as he plants a chaste kiss on my lips and gets up off the bed. I try to pretend to fall asleep but I can't help but smile with the smirk playing on his lips.