Chapter 73 - Planning Reggie's Birthday

Esme's POV 

"Is the Cake ready for collection?" Jaxon asks me as he walks into the living room. The kids are all outside playing right now with their Uncle Charlie and Hunter which is giving us an hour to prepare some things before Reggie goes to bed. ]

"She said round 4 pm is when we can get it but she also said to have two people carry it out. A lot of the cake is for the pack as well" I remind him because Jaxon gets gets the idea that all chocolate and cakes is his and he becomes a child when he doesn't get what he wants which I find adorable.

I've always been a planner, a list-maker, and an organizer. I've planned events, parties, and even vacations and even though as Luna that is my job, I really do enjoy it. I managed to persuade Jaxon to let me have my own office so I can organise most of the things and then have my own desk instead of using his, granted it didn't take me long or much persuasion before he gave in and said yes. But planning Reggie's first birthday is by far the best planning I have done this month, besides from the event that we held here and the plans we also have for Delilah's birthday. I couldn't wait. I can't believe my little boy is turning one tomorrow. It is crazy how fast the year has gone.

It all started with a simple idea - a small, intimate gathering of family and close friends. But as the days went by, the idea grew, and so did my excitement and the guest list. I wanted everything to be perfect for his day.

I began by creating a Pinterest board, filled with ideas for decorations, cakes, and party games that are suitable for him and managed to snag a lot of people to join in with some of them, the bouncy castle we planned as well. I spent hours scrolling through pictures, pinning my favourites, and making notes. I wanted the theme to be something that Reggie would love, and that something recently is anything to do with wildlife... anything to do with the forests and animals he loves.

After much dedication and thinking, we settled on a 'Jungle Adventure' theme. I want him to enjoy his day and to get everything he wants, so when I went on Amazon and found wildlife cups, paper plates and everything else such as banners, balloons and the balloon stoppers to hold them down I couldn't resist. Then the cake...gosh, that took a while for the cake designer to do but she is absolutely lovely and was patient with us through out the whole thing.

Next, I tackled the guest list. I wanted to make sure that everyone who mattered to Reggie was there to celebrate with us which was Immediate family ad friends and his pack too because he is a loved little boy, all children here are loved by everybody. I also made sure to include Reggie's day care friends and their parents who also happen to be pack members, as they had played such an important role in his life during his first year.

As the day of the party drew closer, I began to feel the pressure. I wanted everything to be perfect, and I knew that I wasn't the only one who could make that happen but In my mind I needed to do this for him. I felt awful when I couldn't cope and I didn't pay him much attention and yes he had Jax, he had his family but he also needed his momma. I spent countless hours baking chocolate brownies with Robyn but sometimes she had to go off and do something else and she taught me all I needed to know about doing them, cooking them and the best of all...Eating them. Hmm...Now I want brownies.

"Babe...It's time for me and Charlie to head out and collect the cake. The kids are with mom and dad and your dad has just turned up" he says as he gives me a kiss and walks out of the kitchen.

what's my dad doing here?

I head outside and my dad is here with Rosie who is snuggling into Charlie.

"Hey?" I say as I go out to him covering my eyes to block out the sun. He comes by and gives me a hug and a kiss on the temple before asking me to speak in private. I grab Delilah who will be having a bath before she goes to bed and we head in to the pack house, making our way to my office while chatting about small stuff really.