9.

Here I was.

Looking at myself in the mirror.

I had on my pink cardigan.

Pink shirt.

And blue jeans on, with my black flats on.

I had on my heart-shaped necklace and my diamond earrings. I had my hair down, and my pink handband on.

I look at myself one last time, seeing I look beautiful. I never really dress up on a Friday.

I was usually in my pajamas eating dinner or reading in my room.

This was different.

This was a special night for me.

I grabbed my bag, and headed out of the room, as I hurried downstairs as my mother was in the living room, writing down a few things before she looked up at me.

"Come here!" She waved me over as I headed over to her, she eyed me up and down before she covered her mouth giggling to herself, as she tore up a bit.

"Mom please!"

"I can't help it! My little girl is going on her first date! Let me take a photo!"

"Mom! Please!" I said walking away as she stopped me, pulling out the camera quickly.

"Smile!"

"Mom!" I said annoyed at her as she held those pleading eyes as I stood still giving her a bright smile as the flash went off before she put the camera down.

There was a knock at the door I looked down at my watch seeing it was not two minutes before 7 as I rolled my eyes. "Oh gosh, he early!" I said fanning myself as I hurried towards the door, along with my mom's heels right behind me I took a deep breath, before opening the door and it was not Paul.

"Hi there!" Ricky said with a bright smile my eyes went wide with surprise as he held out a single rose and he grabbed my hand, kissing it before looking up at me with those bright blue eyes.

"Hello, hello, hello!" My mother said stepping in front of me, Ricky's eyes went to my mother giving her a bright smile. "Ms. Williams, it is so nice to meet you in person, the voice on the phone matched exactly what I imagined you would look like?"

"And what is that?" My mother said with a raised brow.

"A beauty!"

"Ha! Well, aren't you something! Do they do that back home on the East Coast?"

"Not the boys I hang out with? I learn from the men!" Ricky said as my mom shook her head smiling as she looked back at me, winking.

"Well... You two have fun! Not too much fun! I expect her to be home, at her father no later than 9:30!"

"Mom... that... that so early!"

"That's both what your father and I discuss!"

"But mom"-

"Yes... I will have her home at that time!" Ricky said nodded as my mother nudged me.

"He understands too! He doesn't need to be out late either!" My mother nudged me as I shook my head agreeing.

I don't need to be out late either... I have things to do in the morning.

Like sleep in.

"Okay... well, we should be off then!" I said headed out the front door, pushing him, but he did a 360 as he shook my mother's hand.

"I promise to have her home at her father at 9:30 and will do no funny stuff!"

"Thank you. I appreciate that!" My mother said as he walked off, I walked behind him, but my mother coughed stopping me in my tracks.