14.

"Ricky!"

"Babydoll! How have you been!"

"I'm well! How did you get this number?"

"Hold on Babydoll!" Ricky said as there was shuffling and static a bit on the other end before it went quiet before he answered again. "Can you hear me now?"

"Yes... Yes, I can!"

"How are you?"

"I miss- I mean... I am great! I am doing well! How about you?"

"I'm doing well! I just got done with being in the studio, I wrote a song about you!"

"Stop, you didn't!" I said out loud as I saw my grandpa come back in with the dogs behind me. I quickly grabbed the phone and headed into their coat closet, closing the door behind me. I turned on the light and sat down on the floor. "Ricky Nelson wrote a song about me? No! I don't believe you!"

"I did... I wrote it and I am going to play it for you on the show! Do you watch the show?" Ricky asked me and I didn't say a word. I haven't watched the show ever since we parted ways. I felt guilty, but I was going to be honest with him.

"No. I haven't watched it..."

"No worries... I thought you might haven't! Don't pout babydoll!" Ricky said on the other end as I blushed at the way he called me babydoll and how excited I got when he knew I was pouting. It was like he could tell or see I felt guilty for not watching him. "Hey, my friend Nick, my drummer on the show said he saw you at the airport this afternoon!"

The mentioning of his name made me sick to my stomach completely. I rolled my eyes before speaking to him. "Yeah. I met him... he was very rude!"

"Nick! Haha, no, he wouldn't hurt a fly babydoll! He can't be rude either! He a cool guy!"

"Not to me he is not!"

"He said you guys talked about your father knowing his uncle John Wayne!"

"Did he also tell you that he almost called my mother out of her name!?!?"

"Whoa, what?"

"Yeah, and that he try to touch me too! He's lucky I didn't knock him out myself! He would have gotten a good beaten from me!"

"He did this all to you!"

"Yes... yes, he did! I am not lying either! you're the first person I told! I am going to tell my father when he comes"-

"Babydoll! I got to go! I will call you later!" Ricky said before he hung up on me as I hung up the phone frowning. I got up from the floor, turning off the light, as I opened the door, I fell flat on my face as my grandparent's dogs came around the corner pouncing and hovering over me barking as well.

"Adriana!" My grandma called out as I heard their footsteps coming toward me.

"I'm okay!" I said as my grandma helped me up from the floor and my grandpa pushed the dogs behind him.

"What were you doing?"

"I was in the closet talk-" I stopped myself as they both looked at me with a raised brow. "Can I not call a friend when she is dealing with a very serious matter? Gosh!" I said walking away from them grabbing my suitcases and running upstairs.

"What was the serious matter?" My grandpa asked.

"Wouldn't you like to know!" I said to him running into the guest room and slamming the door behind me. My grandma picked up the phone, closing the closet as she shook her head at her husband.