17.

After the long Thanksgiving break with my grandparents and finally getting a reset and recharge on my social battery, I was back home and back at school. We should put in school a 'recharge, well-rested week' when we need a break from school and drama. You know how well that would do for teenagers of all of America.

"Did you finish the lab work?" Jeanette asked me as I grabbed some pudding, putting it on my lunch tray.

"I did... I turn it in before Thanksgiving break!"

"Got damn it!" Jeanette said frustrated. "I swear why did Mrs. Martin give us lab work for freaking pyshc? I mean Mr. Lincoln didn't give us any pyshc work over Thanksgiving break!"

"Cause she knew students like you were not going to do it like you promised you would! Jeanette that's like 15 percent of our grade!" I tell her as we head to a table in the cafeteria. "You should do it, go with your gut!"

"Well, my gut was being stuffed with Greek food! Not any traditional Thanksgiving American food!"

"Sorry to hear that!"

"No your not!"

"I am," I said starting to eat my lunch as Jeanette ran her fingers through her hair as she started to finish her lab work. Hunter came up to the table with a bright smile to me, before he sat down next to her.

"What's wrong Honeybunch!"

"Honey bear, I didn't finish my lab work for pyshc... I feel like I am going to have a complete meltdown on life honey bear!" Jeanette said as I ate my food with a smile at the nicknames they came up with.

"Just don't do it then!" Hunter said rubbing her back as I shook my head at him.

"No. Hunter... don't give her any ideas... she will listen to you, and end up not doing then she will fail! I don't want her to fail!"

"It's only fifteen percent of her grade!"

"I need her to not fail... if she fails, we can't go to college together!"

"What if she doesn't want to go to college?"

"What!" Jeanette and I said in sync as she rolled her eyes at Hunter. "Hunter, go get me some milk and cookies please!"

"Alright, Honeybunch!" Hunter said getting up from the table and headed to get her milk and cookie as I wiped my mouth with a napkin.

"I love it when you take charge Jeanette... that is very much next level! Let's get married!"

"Stop!" Jeanette said as Nicole came walking into the cafeteria with James' hand in hand. They had been so great together ever since the homecoming dance and been so close with each other too. Her hair was shiny, her skin was glowing, and she had gotten a little bit more thick around her bottom area.

Nicole spotted us as she walked over to the table, and sat down at the table. "Hey, girls!"

"Hey!"

"James... can you go get me some lunch?"

"Sure!" James said walking away as Nicole watched him walk away before turning to look at the both of us. "I have... a secret?"

"Wait, let me just finish this last question," Jeanette said finishing before putting the paper to the side as she looked up at her. "Go ahead!"

"Have you seen anything on me that has been different lately?"

"I have... but I wasn't going to say anything! Your butt has gotten a little thicker and your hair is super, super shiny!"

"Yeah... your skin has been really tight and shiny too!"

"That it?"

"Yes!" Jeanette and I said at the same time as Nicole rolled her eyes at us.