16

I played with my dinner and couldn't stop thinking about Ricky and me. I wanted to go with him to just get away from everyone to just be him and me without anybody else talking or looking at us.

No people or press in our business.

A dream I wish that could come true.

"Adriana?"

"Yeah?"

"You barely ate your chicken pot pie!" My grandma said taking the plate away from me as I wiped my mouth with the napkin. "I cooked this chicken pot pie with love... and you left three bites?"

"I apologize!" I said to her as I helped her clean up the rest of the plates and cups, and headed inside the kitchen. "I just... ever since Ricky left... I just feel a little blue!"

"A little blue?" My grandma said washing the dishes as she handed me the clean dish and putting it in the dishwasher. "He was here for about forty minutes then he left!"

"Where you timing us?"

"Of course not!" My grandma said as I rolled my eyes as I put the last dish in the dishwasher.

"Why do you time people? That's not cool!" I said to her as I dried my hands as she did as well as we headed out of the kitchen together. "Don't time me Meme, it's not cool!"

"I am sorry... I just... I am happy that you are dating someone who is not you know, the typical Hollywood actor or producer you know!"

"Over Mom and Dad's dead body, I wouldn't date an actor or anyone of film-related at all! You know that!"

"You're right! So you are dating him!"

"I am!"

"Your father and mother know about this?"

"No!"

"Well, your secret is safe with me!" My grandma said as I headed upstairs not without running into my brother Gomez.

"Sorry!"

"No worries!" He said to me before trying to pass me, but I stopped him. "How long are we going to do this quiet treatment!?"

"I don't know... it's up to me, remember!" Gomez said walking past me before heading into the living room with everyone else. I headed to my room, closing the door. I need to sleep this off, but instead, the phone rings in my room, and I quickly answer it. "Hello?"

"You are having your Thanksgiving in The countryside and I am having a Thanksgiving family ruin!"

"Oh, Jeanette! I miss you too! How is it going?"

"Terrible...my family is a mess! You know how my dad's side of the family is Greek, fully Greek!"

"Yes... please tell me you're not having a good time in Greece?"

"I am... I think I am going to come home with a new husband! But... that for later...everyone here is loud!"

"Jeanette your loud!"

"No. I am just passionate about everything I say! They are loud! Can you hear this!" She held the phone out and I heard loud laughter and loud talking on the other end of the phone before she picked it up, going into a room, closing the door. "Do you hear that?"

"It sounds like love!"

"Ha, you funny! How is it going down there?"

"My father and brothers came today... plus you know... just got a few things at the store for my grandma's big Thanksgiving feast... but...I had a surprise visit and you can't tell anyone, and I mean not freaking soul at all!"

"Wait, let me go in the bathroom!" Jeanette said on the other end as I rushed into the bathroom too, closing the door behind me, as I turned on the bathwater in the bathtub.

"Alright, spill!"

"Ricky Nelson... came... to see me!"

"Ricky Nelson... are you kidding me?!?"

"Not kidding... but here's the rundown on why he came!" I said putting soap into the tub as I grabbed my pj's. "Remember how I left early?"

"Yes... I do!"

"I arrived at the airport and... just relaxed and waited, reading a new Vogue when a stranger came sitting by me! He said he knew Ricky... and that he played in his band on the show and he knew of me from my parents!"

"Typical... everyone knows your parents!"

"Yeah.... that... but he talked about my mom? Elena!"

"What the fuck did he say?"

"He almost called her out her name and race!"

"What the hell! why would he do that!"

"He said he John Wayne nephew!"

"What the hell? What is up with all this John Wayne shit Adriana... this started like when you were five and now it comes back when you're a teenager! Something isn't adding up!"

"I know... I talked to my grandpa about it... and it just sounds like John Wayne doesn't like my father cause she married... Elena... but I just... don't get it! I mean... she's my mom, I don't like calling her my stepmom, she is my mom!"

"Don't let it get to you Adriana... look... she is your mom and that's all that matters! Trust me... even though your parents are divorced... they both love you, I mean... it has been only a year since they were divorced! Don't let it get to you! Come on, change the subject... so Ricky surprise, huh, what was that about?"

"He came and told me that he beat up the drummer from the show... along with he wanted to start over!"

"You're going to be a couple again!"

"Yeah...but... it going to be a fresh start... both of us!"

"I am so freaking happy! You just made my Thanksgiving break!"

"I am glad I made your Thanksgiving break! I will call you later!"

"Bye!"

We both hung up the phone at the same time, as I got undressed and headed into the bathtub. I lay in the bubbling water feeling excited and all the tingles on my body feeling as if I got a huge weight off my shoulders for telling one of my best friends, my true best friend about a little about my life, especially with Jeanette.

She knew the meaning of being a true friend.

And I am forever grateful for her being such a great friend to me.

This was a short chapter. I just got back from coming from my admitted day and have been busy with work so that is why this is coming late today.

I hope you all are having a great day and thank you for giving me all your love while reading this book, I enjoy writing this book and having the time to write it as well. It is the best feeling ever.

Also, is anyone else excited for summer? I am so freaking excited!