18.

It was getting late and Ricky finally dropped me off at home and it was nearly two in the morning. We drove up to my house and I looked around, seeing no car are anything meaning my mother wasn't home at all.

"Oh my gosh! What a fun night! Thanks for coming with me Ricky Nicks!" I said unbuckling my seatbelt, and opening the car door as Ricky held my hand, turning me towards him.

"I had fun!"

"I did too!" I said with a big smile as I kissed him on his cheek getting out of the car. I rush towards the back door, not without feeling arms around my waist, turning me around and Ricky kisses my lips softly as we look into each other eyes as I bite his bottom lip before kissing both of his cheeks. "Sorry, I just wanted to give you a proper kiss!"

"Thank you!" I said headed inside the back door, and into the house. I watched as his car drove off, and I took off my shoes and headed to the fridge grabbing the rest of the strawberry ice cream. The light in the kitchen went on as I saw my mother leaning against the wall as my eyes went wide.

"Hi!"

"Hi!"

"Goodness, I didn't hear you come downstairs?" My mother said with a smirk on her face. "Did you come down the backstairs?"

"Yep... yep I did!" I said to her as my mother shook her head at me. "I did...just came to get some ice cream!"

"Ice cream! Mhmm!" My mother said walking up towards me, before grabbing the ice cream from out of my hand and looking at me with a serious look. "You wearing nice clothes? Are you expected to go out late!"

"No... just... wanted to wear this!"

"Mhmm!" My mother said with a raised brow and I could feel she was testing me and trying to make me pop or spill the beans, but I was keeping it together very well! I was feeling confident!

"I called the house? You didn't answer?"

"I was asleep!"

"Really, I called about six times!"

"Deep sleep!" I said putting the ice cream away as we headed out of the kitchen and towards the stairs. "Deep sleep, very deep sleep!"

"Adriana! I saw Ricky's car just drove off! Stop Lying!" My mother said raising her voice at me. "I can't believe you left the house with your brothers ALONE!!!!!"

"I... I"-

"AND you clean up the house barely... didn't take out the trash, didn't clean up afterward your brothers! WHAT IS GOING ON!"

"I... I just wanted to"-

"NO! I DON'T want to hear it anymore! I am so upset with you! You didn't listen to me, didn't clean, left your brothers alone! I am so angry and upset with you!" My mother said headed upstairs as I followed her trying to figure out or try to speak, but I was lost for words and couldn't say anything.

"Mom, I am sorry!"

"You're grounded! Go to bed, I can't even look at you right now!" My mother said closing the door in my face as I turned on my heels and headed to my room.

____________________

The next morning I headed downstairs where my mother was by the phone, looking at letters as she looked up at me, and waved me over to the living room where my brothers were having breakfast. I headed into the living room, making myself some breakfast as Kj and Gomez kept quiet not saying a word at all.