Chapter 34

Over the next few days, Wei Ying and Lan Zhan help with the preparing for the Discussion Conference in Cloud Recesses.  "Fix that over there!" A Lan disciple follow Wei Ying order.

"Closer! A little bit more! There!" Wei Ying went around to see how the other Lan disciple is doing. "Slow down or you will make the food in your hand to fall down to the ground!" Shouted Wei Ying.

"Wei Ying!"

Wei Ying have on a big smile, he want to run to Lan Zhan and jump on him, he end up holding himself back, "Lan Zhan!" He walk over to where Lan Zhan is at. "Is everything done on this side?" Lan Zhan asked as he look around the place.

"Bu-" Wei Ying got cut off by a voice saying, "A-Xian, Wangji," the two turn around to see Lan Xichen and Qingheng Jun walking toward them. "Xichen ge, Qingheng Jun."

"Xiong zhang, Fuqin," the two gave a bow, "no need for formality, A-Xian, we been thinking. Once we have this discussion Conference, we are afraid that Jin Guangshan will attack each clan if they are away from their sect."

"Wei Ying this is what you want to tell me?" Wei Ying nodded his head. "A-Xian, what do you think we should do?" Wei Ying begin to walk back and forth in front of the three Lan.

About an hour later Wei Yang turn to look at Lan Zhan, Lan a Xichen and Qingheng Jun, "can I try it on your clan, Qingheng Jun?" The three lan looked at each other then back to Wei Ying, "you got my permission."

Before Wei Ying leave from there he take out two yellow talisman, "if one of them burn that mean someone is attacking the shield or they are trying to infiltrate our clan. The second one is the same as the first one, extra one."

"Where do we start, Wei Ying?" Asked Lan Zhan. "I think the most protective place is the place where Lan Yi kept the Yin Iron."

"You mean the cold cave?" Wei Ying nodded his head. "Fuqin?" Lan Zhan looked at his father. "You can take Wuxian in there."

"Lan Zhan and I will test the shield, please keep those two talismans with you," Qingheng Jun nodded his head.

Wei Ying and Lan Zhan left from there, the two of them is heading toward the cold cave. About an hour later Lan Zhan take Wei Ying to the entrance, "here Wei Ying."

"I don't think I can enter into this cave. Only the Lan with the forehead ribbons can right?"

'Well Lan Zhan, you already went far with Wei Ying. He is your soulmate after all,' Wei Ying hear rustling noise next to him. He turn to see Lan Zhan taken off his ribbon, "Lan Zhan?"

As Lan Zhan wrapped his forehead ribbons around Wei Ying wrist, he asked Wei Ying,  "Do you remember that Lan disciple saying about how no one should touch a Lan forehead ribbons and that only family and cultivation partner can touch it?"

Wei Ying understands what Lan Zhan is saying, "Wei Yang will you be my cultivation partner for the rest of my life?"

"Lan Zhan?" Wei Ying look down at Lan Zhan ribbon on his wrist, "you don't have to follow the rule, Wei Ying. I will talk to father and Shifu about it. What do you said?"

Without saying anything to Lan Zhan, he end up jumping up and hugged Lan Zhan, "of course I want to be your cultivation partner Lan Wangji!"

This make Lan Zhan very happy, he pull Wei Ying slightly away from him. He unwrapped the ribbon to make it longer, "Lan Zhan?"

"I also need to enter the cold cave as well. After we are done, I will wrap the ribbon back on your wrist okay?" Wei Ying nodded his head. "Ready?" Wei Ying nodded his head again.

As they enter into the cave entrance, Wei Ying felt a blast of cold air hitting his face. "Lan Zhan that's cold. I hate the cold," Wei Ying rubbed his hand up and down his arm.  Lam Zhan used his other hand to help Wei Ying to keep warm as well.

When the two arrive in the cave, they see a white snowy (yes made up even though the guqin is either jade white or just white) guqin laying on an ice table. "This is what keeping the Lan clan safe."

"Then," Wei Ying put a spell around the guqin. A shield appear around the guqin, it has red and blue on it. First inside is blue aura, outside is a red aura.

Qingheng Jun and Lan Xichen look up into the sky. The two see the same thing, one blue inside and one red outside. Then Lan Xichen felt a glow in front of him, he look down to see the two talisman is glowing, "Fuqin, look."

Qingheng Jun look down to see the two talismans in his hand is glowing. "That mean, Wuxian have success on putting another shield around ours."

"Can we go now, Lan Zhan!?" Shouted Wei Ying as he rubbed his hand up and down his arm as fast as he can. "Okay, let's go."

It didn't take long for them to leave the cold cave since Wei Ying just dragged Lan Zhan out of there. "Next time, let's not go back in there again," Wei Ying shivered at the cold sensation that is still there.

"We won't, let's go find Fuqin and Xiong Zhang. We need to test the barrier," Wei Ying nodded his head.

"Are you getting warmer now?" Lan Zhan asked as he untied the ribbon on his wrist. "Yeah." Wei Ying smile as he see Lan Zhan rewrapping the ribbon back on his wrist.

"Shall we go?" Wei Ying nodded his head once more.

It didn't take long for Wei Ying and Lan Zhan to find Qingheng Jun and Lan Xichen, "Fuqin, Xiong Zhang."

"Wuxian, A-Zhan, it look like the shield is stronger now."

"Yes, we still need to test it out. Fuqin, please keep an eye on the talisman," Qingheng Jun nodded his head. Lan Zhan and Wei Ying left from there. "Was it just me or did I just see Wangji ribbon on Wuxian wrist?"

"I saw that too A-Hua ." The two smiled at one another, "Took Wangji long enough."

When Wei Ying and Lan Zhan is in front of the Lan clan, Lan Zhan take out his sword, "make a hard hit,  Lan Zhan."

"Mn," with one hard slash the two didn't see anything, but on the inside one of the talisman in Qingheng Jun hand burn to ashes. "It burn, just like Wuxian said."

"Let's head back inside," Wei Ying gave a nod, the two of them head back inside.

"Wuxian, it work," Wei Ying look down at Qingheng Jun hand, he only have one in his hand now, "it did work," Wei Ying take out another talisman, "Qingheng Jun, you keep one and Xichen ge, you keep one as well," Wei Ying handed the other talisman to Lan Xichen.

"Before you head to the other clan, I will write a message to all of the sect. I will put all of their sect leader name in one message this way you can give it to them to read it."

After saying that all of them walk to Qingheng Jun room. Qingheng Jun write a message in a scroll so that all of the sect leader can read them. This way Lan Zhan and Wei Ying can put a shield around their home for protection. Protecting them from Jin Guangshan attacking them while they are away.