Chapter 21

Wei Ying look behind him, "hey Jiang Cheng, since you are the best swimmer in Yunmeng can you swim down to the lake to see if there is a way out or not?"

"I will give it a try."

Wei Ying look back out from where they are hiding, he see a torch that is still have fire on it. Wei Ying reach out, he grab it and throw it to the other side. Jiang Cheng take this chance to sneak toward the water, everyone watch in silent, hoping that the monster won't notice Jiang Cheng getting into the water.

When the monster blew out the fire, Wei Ying and the other begin to panic since there is nothing else to distract the monster with. The monster turn toward the sound of the water, Wei Ying came out, make a fire talisman in the air, and he blasted the monster with the fire element.

Jiang Cheng walk near the edge, "there's an opening at the bottom of the lake, it's big!"

"Jiang gongzi, how big is the opening?" Asked Lan Xichen. "The opening can fit about five to six people at once."

"Five to six people at once," Lan Xichen turn around to look at everyone behind him, "Everyone listen up! Jiang gongzi will show us the way to the open at the bottom of the lake. Those that are not injured take those who are. Those that can swim help those that can't swim. Since the opening can only fit five to six people at once, don't rush. Now! Let's go!"

Everyone begin to go into the water one at a time, "Wei Ying!"

"Go on first Lan Zhan!" When the fire went out the monster went for Wei Ying. Lan Zhan who is about to enter into the lake, he went back over to where Wei Ying is at. He pull by Wei Ying by his shoulder as he throw Wei Ying backward.

The monster got Lan Zhan by his foot, "Lan Zhan!"

"Wangji! A-Xian!" Shouted a worry Lan Xichen. "Jiang Cheng! Jin Zixuan! Take Xichen out of here!"

The two doesn't want to leave Lan Zhan and Wei Ying behind, they know that they need to leave this way they can go call for help. "Zewu Jun, let's go!" The two pull Lan a Xichen away from there.

"Wangji! A-Xian!"

"Hold on Lan Zhan!" When the monster throw Lan Zhan into the air, Wei Ying take this chance to save Lan Zhan before he enter into the monster stomach. When Wei Ying caught Lan Zhan, the two drop into the water.

"Since you can't move your leg, I will carry you. We need to get away from this monster or whatever it is."

With the heir and disciple

They finally escaped from the cave, "Zewu Jun," Jiang Cheng try to get Lan Xichen attention. "Zewu Jun, we need to head back to our clan, this is the only way to save Wei Wuxian and Lan Wangji."

"Right," 'hold on Wangji, A-Xian,' Lan Xichen turn to look at Nie Huaisang, "Huaisang, why don't you and your disciple come with us back to Cloud Recesse? Then you can send a message to your brother. This way your brother won't get worry about you."

"Okay."

"Jiang gongzi, Jin gongzi, be careful on your way home," with that all clan disciple went in different way back to their own clan.

Since the Lan clan is closer, Lan Xichen, Nie Huaisang and their disciple arrive in just three days. Once they all arrive in Gusu, they all drop to the ground. They are exhausted, without their sword they can't fly home instead they has to walk to their clan.

With Wei Ying and Lan Zhan

"Lan Zhan, are you alright?" Wei Ying looked at the injury on Lan Zhan leg. "That look hurt. I don't have any herb on me," Wei Ying look around the place, he see a branch at the end of the cave. "Wait for me," Wei Ying got up, he went to grab the tree branch.

He came back with the tree, he break up the branches into medium branches. "Hey Lan Zhan, do you have any rope that I can use to tie the branch around your leg?" Wei Ying glanced up at the ribbon on Lan Zhan forehead, 'well I can use that but....' Wei Ying torn the fabric from his clothes instead.

"There," 'I hope Xichen or Jiang Cheng will come get us out of here.' "What is that thing anyway?" Wei Ying asked as he try his best to stop the bleeding coming from Lan Zhan leg.

"That creature is call "Xuanwu"."

"Xuanwu? Know anything about it?" Lan Zhan shake his head no, "I guess we should kill that thing before the other come to rescue us. I think we should attack from the inside, thar is where the weakness is at."

"Mn."

"But since your leg is injured, you shouldn't go in. I will do it."

Since the two decide to fight the Xuanwu monster, they went to gathered arrow and bow to turn them into weapon. Lan Zhan turn the bow string into a chord assassination, while Wei ying put the arrow together to stabbed the xuanwu with it.

"Wei Ying be careful."

"I will."

When Wei Ying enter inside of the Xuanwu, he begin to make gagging sound. 'I am glad that Lan Zhan isn't the one who enter into the Xuanwu stomach. Doesn't this thing ever clean itself.'

As Wei Ying walk around inside of the Xuanwu, he suddenly bump into something metal behind him. He turn around to look at it, 'what the heck is this? A sword? It look like a metal sword.'

When Wei Ying touch it, he felt and hear screaming coming from the sword. He let go of it, 'so much resentment energy. What kind of sword is this anyway?' Wei Ying then see a light and that is when he see the head of Xuanwu is heading toward him.

Wei Ying pick up the sword, he use a slashing movement to get the Xuanwu away from him. The Xuanwu didn't back down, it keep on attacking Wei Ying. He used the bunch up arrow, he stabbed on the Xuanwu face, and that didn't hurt the Xuanwu one bit.

He end up using the metal sword, and he stabbed the Xuanwu under the chin. The Xuanwu pull out from it shell, "Lan Zhan!"

'Wei Ying!'
🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁🍁
As everyone can see, it is somewhat the same and somewhat different. It is like a mix in between. Enjoy now!