Chapter 5

The next morning Lan Zhan and Wei Ying went to see Lan Mingxuan, Lan Qiren and Lan Xichen. "Wangji, Wei gongzi, what so urgent that you need to talk to us about?" Lan Xichen asked the two boys.

"Wei Ying?" Lan Zhan see how Wei Ying is acting, 'he is scare,' Lan Xichen look at his didi, then he turn his attention to Wei Ying, 'Have the two of them become friend?' "Wangji?"

So Lan Zhan begin to tell his family what Wei Ying have seen when Jiang Wanyin touched Wei Ying on his shoulder. When Lan Zhan is finish telling his family they were all shock to hear the destruction of the Jiang clan.

"Fuqin, what do you think we should do?" Lan Mingxuan think for a while, "Xiong Zhang, do you think we should let Sect leader Jiang know about it? This way they can prepare before the Wen clan attack them?" Lan Qiren asked Lan Mingxuan.

"I think we should. A-Huan, can you sent a letter to the Jiang clan? Let them know that we need to talk to them," Lan Mingxuan turn his attention to Wei Ying, "Wei gongzi, do you want to be here when they come?"

Wei Ying scoot backwards, "no no no, I don't want to be here when they arrive!" Lan Zhan went to calm Wei Ying down. 'I can't touch Wei Ying or he will start to see what will happen to me or to the Lan clan,' so Lan Zhan covered his hand with his long sleeves.'

With his hand covering by his sleeves, Lan Zhan calm Wei Ying down, "Is okay Wei Ying, is okay."

The three older Lan looked at each other, then back to Wei Ying, "Wei gongzi, are you having a bad life at the Jiang clan?" Lan Mingxuan asked Wei Ying. "A bad life? What do you mean Fuqin?" Lan Zhan asked while still trying to calm Wei Ying down.

"Like been abuse, verbal abuse and treat differently. Wei gongzi, you can tell us? We can help you if you tell us about it?" Lan Mingxuan looked at a shake up Wei Ying.

"Fuqin, let's Wei gongzi tell us when he ready. For now, the Jiang clan is in big trouble." Lan Mingxuan nodded his head.

"Wangji, why don't you take Wei gongzi back to his dorm?" Lan Zhan help Wei Ying up, 'I don't think i want Wei Ying to return back to his dorm. That Jiang Wanyin won't be able to help Wei Ying,' "I will take you back to my place instead. How about it?"

"Okay."

Once Lan Zhan and Wei Ying is gone Lan Xichen turn back to look at his father and uncle, "if we ask the Jiang clan to come here, do you think they will ask about Wei gongzi or more like who is the one who is causing Wei gongzi to become like this?"

"Let see Jiang Fengmian isn't that kind of person to abuse someone, the only person I can think of is Yu Ziyuan. Isn't Wei Wuxian son of Wei Changze and Sanren Cangse? And Yu Ziyuan hate how Jiang Fengmian use to have feeling for Cangse Sanren. Since Wei Wuxian is Cangse Sanren son, then..."

"Then that mean she is taken her anger out on Wei gongzi?" Lan Mingxuan nodded his head at what Lan Qiren just said.

"No wonder Wei gongzi act the way he act a while ago. I wonder why Jiang Fengmian didn't do anything to stop the abuse?" Lan Xichen asked his father and uncle.

"Jiang Fengmian couldn't because he is more afraid of Yu Ziyuan then anyone."

"Then Fuqin do you think Wei gongzi can stay here? It will make Wei gongzi life even more miserable if he went back to the Jiang clan."

"We can ask Wei gongzi about it A-Huan, for now let's get the Jiang Fengmian to come here."

Once Lan Zhan take Wei Ying back to Jingshi, he help Wei Ying walk over to the bed that Wei Ying has slept in. "Wei Ying, since it is just the two of us. Why don't you tell me  about your life in the Jiang clan? I won't force you if you don't want to tell me."

"It is very hard living in the Jiang clan," Wei Ying put his head on his arm that is on his knee. "I don't even know why Jiang Shushu take me in anyway. All I get from living there is abuse from Madam Yu. She always compare me and Jiang Wanyin, this make Jiang Wanyin upset with him self."

"Does anyone in that clan treat you like family?" Lan Zhan asked. "Yeah, Jiang Yanli. She is the only one who treat me like part of the family."

"Can she stop her mother?" Wei Ying shake his head no, "She can't do anything to stop her mother from mistreating me."

"Then do you want to stay here in cloud Recesse?" This got Wei Ying to pick up his head to look at Lan Zhan. "Your joking right?" Lan Zhan move his head from side to side. "If you remember correctly Lan Wangji, I don't like to follow rule. How do you expect me to stay here and live here?"

"You don't have to follow the rule. I will ask Fuqin about it."

The next morning after receiving the letter from the Lan clan, Jiang Fengmian and Yu Ziyuan arrive at Cloud Recesse. "I hope that boy didn't cause you any trouble Sect leader Lan?" Come a very angry Yu Ziyuan.

'Cause trouble? She must mean Wei Wuxian,' "if you are talking about Wei Wuxian, then no. He is not causing any trouble here in Cloud Recesse. Please refrain yourself from accusing Wei Wuxian from something he didn't do, Yu Ziyuan."

"Fine."

Jiang Fengmian sigh, he turn his attention back to Lan Mingxuan. "Sect leader Lan, I'm glad that you came out from your seclusion. We got your letter, you say that our clan is in trouble?" Lan Mingxuan nodded his head.

"What I am about to tell you, I need you keep it in mind. I can't tell you how do I know about it but this will help you to prepare to protect your clan." Jiang Fengmian and Yu Ziyuan looked at each other then back to Lan Mingxuan.

"Okay. Please tell us."