Chapter 3

"Fuqin what did you said?" Asked Lan Xichen. "Wei gongzi see the destruction of our clan. The Wen clan attack our clan and they burn down our clan. Wei gongzi said that during this attack, I die from heavy injury."

"You die?" Lan Mingxuan nodded his head. "You die...."

"That is why I left seclusion. I need to come out to protect our clan." Lan Mingxuan looked at his oldest son, "I'm sorry you have to step up as sect leader at a young age, A-Huan. It must be hard to handle the clan by yourself."

"Is alright Fuqin, Shifu is also here to help me as well. I'm glad that you come out from your seclusion," Lan Xichen looked at his didi, "Wangji and I want to spend more time with you if that's possible?" Lan Mingxuan smile, "of course."

"Xiong Zhang what about Cloud Recesse? How are we going to protect our clan?" Lan Qiren asked his brother. "We need to enhance our protection array, we can't let anyone enter into our clan without our permission. As for the students, they can go and leave as they please for now."

"Fuqin, what about the fire?" Lan Zhan asked. "A-Zhan, can you do research on fire proof talismans? This way we can put them all around our clan. It will make our clan look like it is on fire by the Wen clan."

"I will get on with the research." Lan Zhan got up, gave a bow and then left from there. "Fuqin did Wei gongzi said anything else?" Lan Xichen asked.

"No, I don't think so. Better not ask Wei gongzi to tell you about it." Lan Xichen nodded his head.

As Lan Zhan went to the Lan library, he see Wei Ying is sitting outside of the library. He went to put his hand on Wei Ying shoulder. This got Wei Ying to see what will happen to Lan Zhan.

Looking through Lan Zhan eye Wei Ying see what is going on. He see Lan Zhan is standing in front of a burning library, he is fighting against the Wen clan. "One last chance Lan Wangji, stand aside."

Stubborn Lan Zhan didn't move from there. When he didn't move Wen Xu tell his disciples to go break Lan Zhan leg. Even when looking through Lan Zhan eye, Wei Ying can feel his pain.

Wei Ying pull himself away from Lan Zhan touch, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to scare you."

"That's....that's....that's...alright," Wei Ying avoid looking into Lan Zhan eye. 'Doesn't Wei Wuxian know how to make talisman?' "Wei Wuxian, can I ask you something?" This got Wei Ying to look up at Lan Zhan.

"What is it Lan er gongzi?" Asked Wei Ying. "Your good at making talisman right?" Wei Ying nodded his head. "Can you help me to make fire proof talisman? I need to protect Cloud Recesse from getting burn down by the Wen clan."

"I think I can help you."

"Then please come in," Lan Zhan walk into the library first, Wei Ying follow behind him. Once the two of them are inside of the library, Lan Zhan sat behind his table while Wei Ying seat in front of him.

While making fire proof talisman the two didn't talk to one another, Lan Zhan is known for not talking a lot while as for Wei Ying, he talk a lot but right now he is very quiet. Every now and then Lan Zhan glanced at Wei Ying, 'This isn't the Wei Wuxian everyone talk about. He seem very quiet.'

"Wei Wuxian," Wei Ying look at Lan Zhan, "Did you see something when I touch your shoulder?" Lan Zhan asked. This shock Wei Ying, Lan Zhan can see that Wei Ying did see something.

Wei Ying nodded his head, "Can you tell me?" Wei Ying bites his lip, "is okay take your time."

"I....I...I....saw you getting hurt....getting hurt while....while protecting....this library. Wen Xu....he....he...he broke....broke your leg."

"Anything else?" Wei Ying shake his head no. "Thank you, I will keep that in mind." The two went quiet again, all they can focus on is making fire proof talisman. When the day turn to night time, Wei Ying handed his fire proof talisman over to Lan Zhan.

"Here, these talisman will help with protecting Cloud Recesse from the fire. It will make it look like Cloud Recesse is on fire which is not. I hope this will work for you and for your clan."

"Thank you for helping me," Wei Ying nodded his head. He got up, gave a bow and then left from there. Before Wei Ying can walk out of the door Lan Zhan call out to him, "Wei Wuxian."

Wei Ying turn around, "You can call me Wei Ying."

"Then you can call me Lan Zhan. Wei Ying, if you need someone to talk to you can always come here."

"Thank you," after saying that Wei Ying went back to his dorm.

On the next day Lan Zhan went to see his father, brother and Uncle, "Fuqin, Wei Wuxian help me make the fire proof talisman."

"Wei gongzi?" Lan Zhan nodded his head, "I went to the library to do research on fire proof talisman. I remember that Wei Wuxian is good at it. I saw him sitting in front of the library, so I ask him to help me with it."

"Then let's go on with the plan. A-Zhan, go gather some of our disciple, tell them to go around our clan to put up the talisman all around our home." Lan Zhan nodded his head.

Lan Mingxuan turn to look at Lan Xichen, "A-Huan, make sure to enhance our protection shield. We can't let them break in and if they do, we need to act fast. Also, make sure to tell everyone what to do when the Wen clan attack us."

"Yes Fuqin."

Lan Zhan got up and left from there, he went to gather some of his Lan disciple to go around their clan to put up fire proof talismans. One though went through Lan Zhan mind, 'I wonder how will Wei Ying feel when he know what will happen next or more like what he will see when either Jiang guniang touch him or Jiang gongzi touch him. What will the Jiang clan faith will be?'