16. Healing Nightmares

A/N - 250 reads!! Omg thank you all so much :)

16. Healing Nightmares

Missions with Nanami were becoming more difficult. The most recent curse you had encountered almost killed you both. It was humanoid as ever and had stitches all across its body. He was able to hold a conversation like a human too.

Mahito was his name, or so he claimed.

Attacking him relentlessly got repetitive and Nanami's 7:3 technique barely damaged him. Mahito claimed that he could "change the shape of souls", and he proved it by disfiguring humans into cursed shapes. It was difficult to hide the fact that you were mortified by it. When you got closer to what you thought were curses and they cried out for you to end their lives - you couldn't put what you witnessed into words.

'I don't know how much longer they can expect us  to hold up like this.'

You and Nanami had retreated from Mahito and were in a public park bathroom a few miles from Jujutsu Tech's campus. Nanami leaned his lower body on the sink and pressed thin, brown paper towels against his side. Mahito had wounded both of you, but Nanami more significantly.

"I'm calling Ijichi right now to come pick us up," your hands fumbled over the digits on your phone shakily. You looked up at Nanami to see his response and he winced trying to nod curtly. He could barely hide the pain. It was agonizing. The more curses they encountered, the more Nanami became concerned about the deteriorating capacity of the sorcerers at Jujutsu Tech.

"Please hurry Ijichi," you said after the initial greeting, "Nanami is severely injured." Once you hung up the phone Nanami looked at you with slight irritation.

"And you're not injured, Y/N?"

You had left yourself out of the brief conversation with Ijichi despite there being a severe gash that stretched from the side of your head and to your forehead. It stung like hell, but you pushed your pain to the side for the sake of Nanami.

"We'll deal with it all when we get there," you told him with a soft yet painful smile.

----------------------------------------------------------------------

Satoru's POV:

Gojo had been away on an overseas mission for the past two weeks. The whole time he couldn't get you off of his mind. He had almost begun to... miss you? He couldn't determine his feelings about it, but it resulted in him bringing you back a small souvenir from the trip. 

As he ascended the stairs of Jujutsu Tech, suitcase and souvenir bag in hand, he heard a familiar voice shout out to him from behind.

"Gojo-sensei!"

No... it couldn't be...

"Gojo-senseiiiiiii"

Satoru dropped his bags immediately at the sound. Before he could turn around he was tackled into a hug.

Yuji Itadori.

"Oh my god." the two engulfed each other in a long hug. Satoru squeezed him tight and a tear fell down his cheek. All he could focus on was Yuji's body warmth - he was alive. Satoru's mind flooded with thoughts, determined to keep him safe, determined to never put his student in a situation like that again.