20. Here's Your Receipt...

-----------------------------------------------

(¯'·._.··¸.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.The Morning After.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸··._.·'¯)

The early sunrise greeted you as soft rays pressed heat against your face. Waking up engulfed in Gojo's arms was not something you had ever thought you would do in your entire life. However, there was no feeling of panic. A blanket of his sweet pheromones laid over you along with his pale muscular arms. It wasn't typical of you to feel so relaxed after sleeping with someone, you usually felt obligated to get up and out as soon as possible.

Without disturbing him, you turned toward Satoru and began to study him as he slept. Even with his infinity and Six Eyes not activated, he looked majestic. His wispy white eyelashes curled upward, slightly fanning as his eyes twitched under his lids.

'He's definitely dreaming...'

Your hand instinctively reached to softly cup his cheek, your thumb running along the chiseled bone. Satoru sleepily nuzzled his face deeper into your palm and kissed it. His closed eyes stopped their movement and they fluttered open revealing a soft shade of blue.

A soft smile played on your face. In response, Satoru grabbed the hand you had on his face, to pull you closer. Almost in synchronicity, the sun rose a tad higher, shedding light on the overly warm and entangled limbs. The two of you took a while to study one another, both curious as to what the other was thinking and who was going to break the silence first. But the interaction felt no pressure, it was as if you both just wanted to take each other in with a new feeling of acceptance of what you two had done.

Satoru reveled in the comfortable silence. He didn't want to speak. Mornings were supposed to be slow and intimate... and to share it with you? He was in heaven.

He buried his face into the crook of your neck and took a relaxing exhale.

'Is this what it meant to be at peace?'

You both hadn't felt that in a long time.

But there was a part of you that knew it wouldn't last forever, and it grew as the minutes passed. Satoru dozed off again, but you needed to get up.

As you raised yourself to a seated position, his lengthy fingers wrapped around your wrist in an almost desperate manner.

"I should probably check in on my mission status for today," you said plainly. It kind of hurt to break the silence, the words felt contradictory to how intimate the quietness was. Luckily, your body faced the window.

"Okay..."

You felt his clammy hands release your wrist and you got up, not looking back at him. You could feel his eyes rake over your bare figure as you made your way toward the bathroom.

'Coffee. I need coffee first.'

———————————————————

(¯'·._.··¸.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.Nanami's Date.-~*'¨¯¨'*·~-.¸··._.·'¯)

Before joining Nanami for your daily mission, you made your way to the lounge. It felt as if you had been avoiding it since the last time...

Not to mention the day already felt off to you. It wasn't because of Satoru, the ominous feeling came as soon as you left him.

You blankly stared at the white ceramic cup that filled with steaming black coffee. The thoughts of Suguru rushing to the forefront of your mind. All the same questions repeated over in your head.