Chapter 40

Songs for this chapter:
Slow Motion- Trey Songz
Breathe in. Breathe out. - Hilary Duff.
18- One Direction(AHHHH IT GOES PERFECTLY!)

Zayn's drives the car into a parking lot and parks it. He pulls the key out of the ignition and steps out of the car, before I can ever open the door on my side he is already there opening it for me. I climb out and he closes the door behind me.

"You don't have to open the door for me, Zayn."

"I know." He grins and he grabs my hand intertwining it with his.

He keeps my hand in his as we walk. Ahead of me a pond starts to appear with a water spraying up and back down into the pond. Ducks run around and jump into the water as some peck at some food that is thrown to them. My eyes glance over towards children that run around on the playground and slide down the slides laughing.

"You look deep in thought." Zayn says looking down at me.

"Not really." I slowly shake my head. "You should have known that already because you can read minds." I smile.

He runs his hand through his dark hair, "I have been trying to stay out of your head."

"Why?" I laugh lightly.

He grins, "well, doesn't a girl need privacy?" I press my lips together nodding. "Thought so."

I freeze in my spot as I stare out into a cluster of trees. Trees that are too familiar in the same, exact, spot.-Zayn comes to stop and I jump off of his back. I look around and we are in a small area of trees but on the outer part of it is a park. The whole park is empty though. -My dream.
This is where I was in my dream. Zayn must have brought me here for that very reason. I press my lips together. What if he brought me here to change me. Make me like him.

"Brooklyn," I look up to Zayn. "I know what your thinking, remember it was just a dream."

I sigh. He still is not going to change me.

"Let's talk about this later, okay?" He looks into my eyes.

I nod my head, "Okay."

We walk along the edge of the pond; I stare into the water as we walk silently. The silence is now ringing through my ears, it's too quiet.

"So tomorrow is the day." I say looking down at the ground.

"Yep." Zayn breathes out.

"Are you ready for it?"

"Not really, but it has to be done. . . it is a really big risk doing this but since we already have a plan it should make it simpler. He has no idea that we are coming his way," Zayn licks his lips, "I would most likely not be doing this if you weren't here, in my life. You, now, being here in all these situations shows how dangerous it is to be with us."

My heart stops. You, now, being here in all these situations shows how dangerous it is to be with us. Does he mean that I can't be with him anymore?

"What do you mean?" I ask.

"All of these situations we are going through shows how dangerous, we, vampires are." He says with his voice low so no one around us can hear.

"You aren't dangerous." I emphasize the last word. Sure Zayn is strong, powerful, touch and a vampire but he's not dangerous right. I mean, he hasn't done anything to anyone that is dangerous. Or is he- I need to stop thinking, I am now getting confused.

His chocolate eyes meet mine, "I am very dangerous, I just never act like a vampire around you. You have never seen me hunt before, that is when I let all of my instincts take over me."