Chapter 39

Songs for this chapter:
Never Be: 5Sos

I sit up and my eyes meet with Zayn's. His expression is now serious, almost looking hurt. He closes his eyes.

"It all started year 1977, the year I had gotten changed into a vampire. I was in London with some friends on a trip, well they wanted to go to a bar since I had just turned 21 a couple days ago. I said no. I did not want to go to a bar while I was in London, I remembered that I could have taken all the time to go to a bar back in America if I wanted to." His hard dark brown eyes burn into my eyes, "they went ahead and left to go to the bar, while I stayed back at the hotel. They were gone for hours, I got tired of just sitting around waiting for them to come back so I picked up my jacket and went for a walk outside. It was already night outside, and the streets were empty except for a couple pedestrians."

Zayn stops talking and looks down. He bites his lip, "While I was walking one of my friends ran in front of me calling my name for me to follow them. Well I followed him because I hadn't seen him most of the day. He ran into an alleyway and I kept following him until we got to the end of it. I stopped a couple feet from him and the most evil smirk spread across his lip. He disappeared from my view in a quick blur to where I could hardly see him. I turned around and right there was not my friend. It was the bastard Demian." Zayn closes his eyes, "he ran towards me in a blur and picked me up by neck and pressed me against the brick wall. He held me by my neck until I could hardly breathe."

I flinch thinking of Zayn in pain. He presses his lips together before continuing.

"Just when he saw I could hardly breathe that's when he bit me. He wanted to put me in much pain as he could think of. He wanted to see me suffer the way I did. He hovered over me watching as I laid on the ground gasping for breath. It was the most painful thing I ever experienced." Zayn shakes his head looking down then into my eyes. Questions fluttered in my head. I let the first one out they came to my mind.

" If Demian was the one that changed you how are you not there with him right now."

"I did stay with him for a while. 2 whole years until I got sick of him treating me the way he did. I was basically a slave to him. That day when I had finally got tired of him I had came up with a plan." Zayn sucks in a sharp breathe, "I killed his brother and before he could ever get to me I froze time. I froze time so he could not get to me- do you remember when Demian told you I killed his brother?"

"Yes," I nod my head, "how do you know he told me?"

"I read your mind. . .I remember everything he told you and one of them was not true." his eyes look into mine and they are now back to the creamy chocolate color, "when he told you that I brainwashed your family about you, I never did that. Liam did. He did it just before I decided to get you be the already knew I had feelings for you and he knew it would take a lot for me to ever let you go. And just him by himself, he, brainwashed you from your family's memory. He thought that you would go running back to your family and the only way to stop you would be to do that." His face has no emotions in it.

"There is no way for me to get them to remember you." Zayn says.

I feel as if I should be upset but I am not. Liam is not even here anymore, the family I used to be with was not my real one and I now have my real brother here with me. -even though he's a vampire- and the one I love the most is here.

"I'm glad there is no way to get them to remember me anymore because I already love you way to much to leave." I say and move closer to him.

"Does anything about me bother you." Zayn says running his hand through my hair.