13

Tim pov

I woke up in the middle of the night, straight away I checked the alarm clock next to the bed.

3:24 am

I sighed, rolling over to face the other direction. I saw the bed was empty next to me, Lucy wasn't there.

I sat up quickly, getting out of bed and walking out today the room. I noticed a light on in the kitchen and when I walked over I saw someone at the bench.

It was Lucy, she had notebooks spread out in front of her.

"Baby?" I asked. "What are you doing up this late?"

She jumped slightly at my voice, it looked like she might've been asleep.

I walked over, wrapping my arm around her waist. I saw what was written on the papers and shook my head.

"You can't stay up all night studying."

"Just a little longer." Lucy said, she was almost slurring.

"I can see your about to fall asleep." I told her. Her eyelids were dropping with exhaustion.

"I need to pass the exam tomorrow." She reasoned.

"Look, you're not going to become a detective if you're running on half an hour of sleep. Let's get you to bed." I said, sweeping her up in my arms, bride style.

She tried to resist but was too tired and curled up against my chest.

I could feel her fall asleep before we even made it back to the bedroom.

I placed her down on the mattress, tucking her in tight. I planted a kiss on her forehead, she looked so peaceful just lying there.

"Love you, Luce."