11- Drunk Lucy

Tim and I arrived at the Christmas party a couple minutes early. This year Angela and Wesley were hosting.

"Welcome!" Angela said, giving me a big hug.

I handed her the basket full of small snack foods I had arranged for her.

"There's dips, crackers, cookies, wine, salad, breadsticks and a few other things." I said, excited about the food I prepared.

I saw Tim shake his head next to me. "I told her not to."

"And I told you it was a nice contribution to the party." I said back.

Angela smiled. "Thank you Lucy. Tim, Wesley's in the lounge room, putting on the game."

Tim lit up. "Sweet." He said, quickly leaving the room.

I chuckled, watching him leave.

"You want a drink?" Angela asked.

"Hell yeah, you want to open the bottle I brought?"

"Yeah sure, let's give it a taste while we wait for everyone else to arrive."

One glass of wine later the rest of the guests finally showed up.

Nolan and Bailey first. Bailey looked beautiful in her light pink dress. I gave them both a hug before more people came.

Celina and Aaron arrived together, then James and Harper. Not long after Grey and Luna arrived.

An hour into the party I had already had a few drinks, but I didn't feel anything so I took it as I sign to keep drinking.

After a while everything kind of......lifted. It was like a weight came off me, I felt so much lighter. Another drink later the alcohol really started to take effect.

I was giddy, maybe even euphoric. I stumbled around the house laughing at things that weren't even remotely funny.

...

Tim pov

Lucy was really starting to get drunk. She tripped over nothing but luckily I caught her.

"You're really pretty, ya know." She was slurring her words as she ran her finger down my cheekbone.

I took the glass out of her hand. "I think you've had enough to drink."

"Noooo, never!" She tried to swipe the glass back out of my hand, but only succeeded in knocking it onto the floor. Glass shattered everywhere.

"Sorry, this one is a little drunk." I said to Angela, gesturing to Lucy.

She smiled, then shrugged. "It's nothing, as long as you clean it up."

"Of course." I guided Lucy to the couch before cleaning up the mess.

I went back to get her, thinking it was time to go back home when she disappeared.

A couple minutes late I found her in a closet, talking to the broom.

"Why thank you kind sir." She said to the mop, giggling and doing a sloppy curtsy.

I noticed another empty cup in her hand.

I sighed. "Someone really needs to cut you off." I scooped her into my arms.

"Why is everything pinning-sinning- spinning." She laughed at herself.

"Goodnight guys, I'm going to take Lucy home." I called to the rest of the group.

"Okay, thanks for coming!" I heard Lopez call.

10 minutes later we finally arrived at Lucy's apartment.

I carried her to bed, tucking her in.

She stared over at me, eyes glazed over.

"I'm not tired." She said, stubborn as always.

...

Lucy pov

All I could think about was Tim

Look at those muscles.

I tried reaching over to feel them but Tim pushed me back into bed.

I could feel my eyelids growing heavy but I refused to give in to sleep.

"I don't wanna go to bed!" I screamed like a toddler.

"Shhh." Tim hushed me, sliding into bed next to me.

He began slowly massaging my thigh and my eyelids drooped.

I could feel myself starting to doze off, the repetitive movements of his thumb on my skin lulling me to sleep.