3- Jackson's death

Tim walked out of Sergeant Grey's office after hearing the news. It still hasn't quite sunk in, but instead of thinking about it, he focussed on the goal. Telling Lucy.

He spotted her in the bullpen and quickly moved over to her.

"Hey baby, could you come into my office for a sec?" Tim asked.

"Yeah sure." Lucy said, following him down the hall.

Once they had reached his office, Tim turned to her, preparing himself.

"Wait, did they find Angela and Jackson?" Lucy cut in before he could break the news. "Do you know where they are?"

Tim sighed heavily, "Look, Lucy. I hate to be the one to tell you this, but Jackson, he-" Tim tried to choke out the words "he was killed."

Lucy's reaction was instantaneous. Tears began to form in her eyes.

"No. It can't be. He-he's still alive. Just missing." She  denied it, taking a step back from Tim.

"No, baby, it's true." Tim said gently.

The tears spilled over like a flood, Lucy crumpled onto the floor. Tim kneeled down and gathered the sobbing Lucy into his arms.

"Shhh, it's okay, it's okay."

Watching Lucy break into pieces like that hurt Tim, and more than anything he wanted to cry with her. But he knew he needed to be strong right now. For her.

Everything was for her.