4

*Tw: suicidal thoughts*

Lucy pov

"7-Adam-19, shots fired, we need backup on scene" The sound came from the radio and I instantly knew it was from Tim and Aaron.

"7-Adam-7 responding" I spoke on the radio, glancing at Nolan who was driving.

A few minutes later we pulled up on scene.

What I saw was horrifying. Aaron had managed to get the shooter in custody but Tim had been shot. Aaron kneeled over him, attempting to apply pressure.

I ran over to his side, relieved to see he was at least conscious.

"It's okay baby, I'm here." I said, grabbing his hand and holding it tightly. "Can you squeeze my hand?" A faint squeeze came in reply.

Moments later an ambulance arrived, Bailey with them. They took Tim away in a stretcher, and Bailey asked Nolan and Aaron what had happened. After that the ambulance zoomed off to the hospital.

It was a dizzying blur after that. The trip to the hospital. Everyone arriving. The doctors working on Tim.

Maybe an hour later, the surgeon came out into the waiting room. Everyone stood in anticipation.

"Could I please speak to sergeant Grey?" He asked.

Sergeant Grey left, only coming back after a few minutes.

He looked solemn. "Tim- he didn't make it."

The world collapsed. The ground was quicksand and I was sinking.

I felt my self start to hyperventilate. "No- no- no- NO!" I screamed, running out of the hospital.

...

Nolan pov

"We've looked everywhere. Where could she be?"

"Did she have any spots with Tim she liked to go?" Angela asked

"Hmm.... Oh I know! She was always talking about this hiking trail they went on, it lead to a lookout." I replied

...

Lucy pov

I felt the breeze in my face as I dangled my legs over the edge of the cliff lookout.

I heard movement behind me but I didn't move.

"Lucy....." I heard Nolan's voice. "Come off there."

I didn't. I didn't move. I didn't look at him.

"You know Tim and i used to come here all the time. It was our favourite spot." I spoke serenely.

"And I suppose that makes you feel closer to him?" Nolan asked.

I knew what he was doing, I'd seen him do it a million times, he was trying to talk me down. But I wouldn't listen.

"This is where we got engaged. Last night he finally proposed."

I heard a few gasps of shock behind me telling me it wasn't only Nolan here. We hadn't told anyone about our engagement yet.

"But who cares anyway, he's gone now. What's the point."

"Us. We need you." Was all Nolan said.

I thought about it for a moment, and though it did sound nice, it wasn't enough.

"He was my rock. My everything." I could feel my calmness start to crack.

"I know how you feel."

I broke.

"NO YOU DONT! YOU HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ITS LIKE!" I turned around and screamed. "HE WAS THE ONE I WOULD GO TO WHEN THINGS LIKE THIS HAPPENED AND NOW HE'S......dead."

Nolan looked like he was about to cry. "Lucy, we all need you. You're not the only one who lost Tim. We are your family. And we will always be here, and so will Tim."

I looked at him, unsure.

"Please Lucy." He begged, shattering me into a million pieces.

I took his outstretched hand pull pulled myself up off the ledge. I hugged him and soon I felt everyone's arms around me as well.

"Thank you."

Thanks for reading! That was a long chapter! I really hope you're enjoying reading these as much as I enjoyed writing them. This chapter was a bit different as it wasn't really chenford together. Remember to feel free to comment on whatever you want to see next

-Stormy Matter