Chapter 17

TRIGGER WARNING!!! Kidnapping, forced sleep, panic attacks, depression, injury, self deprecation and mentions of electrocution!!! Please proceed with caution!

Eclipse groaned as the first light of day hit his eyes. When had he fallen asleep? He didn't know, but he honestly couldn't care. All he wanted was to sleep just a little bit more before waiting for you to arrive later that day. He grumbled and moved around, curling into himself as much as he could in order to hide his eyes from the sharp rays of the new sun when he suddenly bumped into something soft and warm curled up by his side. Startled, he shot up and bared his teeth, ready to fight whatever had snuck into his sanctuary only to still at the sight of your body next to him, sound asleep. He could do nothing but stare for a few moments, shocked, when you started to whine and shiver in your sleep, causing him to panic.

Eclipse quickly lay back down and started to purr as he curled around you, trying to get you to stay asleep as he tried to recall why you were here. After all, you usually left after checking up on him, so why...? He shook his head and sighed. No matter. You were here now and you needed to relax and sleep properly. He continued purring as he gently caressed your cheek as you slept, watching as your face relaxed once more and your whole body went limp. Eclipse sighed, relieved before laying back down as well, hoping to catch a few more moments of rest when sudden memories from last evening suddenly flashed through his mind.

"YOU CAN TALK TOO?!" You suddenly yelled, breaking the moment of peace and warmth between the two of you, causing him to jump slightly at the sudden, loud noise before he started to laugh. You were so precious in your unbridled excitement.

"Yes, I can." He affirmed with a chuckle which grew into another small laugh at your amazed expression.

"Oh. My. God. This is amazing!" You said happily, your heart beating excitedly in your chest as you gave him a huge, close-eyed smile. When you opened them again, your eyes were softer, holding something warm within them that made his chest feel fuzzy. "Thank you for trusting me Eclipse."

"It's hard not to trust you, dear Heart." Eclipse rumbled back with a soft chuff as he hugged you, grateful to know that you understood how much he trusted you. Your giggle at the action coaxed another chuckle out of him before you pulled away from the hug. However, your face immediately went from happy to horrified at the sight of him as you shakily placed your hands on either side of his face, tears brimming in your eyes as you gently traced a finger over his face, causing him to flinch in pain as it went over one of his many reopened scratches.

"E-E-Eclipse? W-what happened t-to you?" You stuttered out and to his alarm, your heart rate started to pick up. He immediately took your hands into his own and started to purr, feeling your heartbeat start to calm at the sound as he gently kissed the back of your hands as he had seen humans do from within his little prison, enjoying the flushed look that came to your cheeks when he did so.

"I'm alright, dear Heart. I only healed you and that's why I look a tad bedraggled." He soothed, but you shook your head as tears started to fall from your eyes.

"Y-yes, b-but why are YOU h-hurt?! Healing isn't supposed to harm people! IT GOES AGAINST THE POINT OF HEALING ENTIRELY!" You shouted as more tears fell from your eyes and your shaking grew worse as you struggled to breathe. Eclipse's eyes widened in shock as he started to purr a little louder in response, trying desperately to calm you down as he started to cradle your head in his hands. Thankfully, you once more started to relax thanks to his ministrations, your heart starting to beat more evenly despite your destress, but he still waited until you had taken a few shaky, deep breaths before responding to your question.

"I got hurt because I was low on energy, and when a Mer is low on energy it starts to take energy from them in different ways." He answered softly and felt his heart clench as guilt came from your heart in troves and a few more tears slipped out.