Chapter 38

I run a hand through my dry blond hair. The brown dye has almost completely left Emily's hair. Soon, she will be returning to her usual light blonde that i love so much. Of course, I like the brown, she looks like a succubus no matter her hair style; she could easily seduce me like one. Currently, her hair is a mix of really light brown and a dark blonde. My hair is blond on the tips and slowly fades, my roots completely brown. Emily's freckles faded a few days ago. They lasted longer than I would have ever suspected.I miss her longer hair but I could never even attempt to deny how much she suits her current hair cut. To the average person, Emily's current hair might be seen as long, but not to me and Emily. Her hair used to fall down to her thighs but now it stops just by her shoulder blades. I don't understand how her hair still looks so fresh after not washing it for a little while, my hair feels like hay. Though my hair grows a lot faster tan Emily's. When we first started this... road trip, my hair was short and didn't go past my forehead or ears. It wasn't a buzz cut, but there wasn't many loose parts. That is a lot different to my current hair with strands falling all over my face and neck, tickling me. I like it. I was never allowed to grow out my hair when i lived at home, it is nice to see myself in a different way; not that i often look in mirrors.

"Can we go to the beach?" Emily asks me, her gaze staying on the coastal sight around us. Houses block our view of the ocean, but every small gap between the buildings, we catch a glimpse of the blue sea. The sun glistens on the water, creating the effect of diamonds floating around it.

Her question reminds me of the beach I visited when I was young, I wanted to show her but I didn't get a chance. At the time, she was mad at me and I didn't want to force another trip down memory lane on the girl, thinking it would push her farther away from me. Now i wish i had forced her. She keeps bringing up my childhood, asking me al different types of questions. I am not sure why, but I answer them.

"Do I get to see you in a bikini?" I smirk, eyes darting between her and the road ahead.

"Are you going to buy me a bikini?" Emilia's eyebrows raise in a mischievous way.

.

"What about this one?" I hold up a yellow micro bikini to Emily who scans through various swim costumes. Her eyes roll at me and I chuckle at her reaction.

"That will not fit me." She replies to my question.

"Try it on." I insist.

"What it the Bra size?" Emily folds her arms and raises a brow at me.

The man who runs the small shop chuckles to himself as he stocks surfboard wax behind the counter.

"How am I meant to know?"

Emily huffs loudly and stomps to me dramatically. She takes the bikini from my hands and checks the size tag.

"32A." She stares at me the finally rolls her eyes. "Why don't you go get us some smoothies from across the street and I will buy a bikini?"

"Can I trust you?"

Emily gives me a light smile and holds out her pinky finger. I intertwine mine with hers then hand her fifty dollars. I stroll along to the smoothie shack across the street and order us both a banana and kiwi smoothie. I remember Emily telling me a story one night when neither of us could sleep in the tent from how loud the rain was. She explained that for the whole summer, a charity foundation worked a small stand outside of the ice rink she practised at. They sold smoothies, and she bought a banana and kiwi one every day for the whole, she says they're amazing and I need to try one, so here I am, asking a very smiley man for two banana and kiwi smoothies.

Once served, i take them back to the small surf and swim wear store where Emily is. When i walk in, i see her buying a light pink bikini and handing the man a five dollar bill. The small bell above the store door rings, notifying Emily of my presence. Her small head turns to me and she automatically smiles.

I love how she always smiles at me. She actually likes me. She likes me a whole fucking lot and i don't know how to handle that. The more she likes me, the more I love her. When I think i can not possibly love her an inch more, she does something that makes me fall in love with her all over again. Even the tiny gestures she makes like when she grabs my hand as soon as she senses i am uncomfortable. I love it. I love her.

"Have a nice day." Emily says her final words to the store keeper and skips over to me, happily. "I got a pink one." She holds the pink bikini up to me like I did with the yellow. I pass her the smoothie and she pours the change from the bikini into my hand; which is forty five dollars.

"To the beach?" I link hands with Emily as we stroll out the store onto the sidewalk.

"To the beach." She giggles and looks up at me.