Chapter 37

Emily's point of view

Everything has been perfect the past week. Sure, Luca killed someone I considered a friend at the start of the week, but after that everything has been perfect. I feel as though we haven't just created a new chapter in our relationship but a whole new book. Once we left dead Olivia's rented cabin, Luca started acting strange around me. Like he was examining my every facial expression or changes in the tone of my voice, trying to read something that wasn't there. After a few hours, he seemed to have forgotten he was suspicious of something. And then everything was perfect. 

The whole day we left the cabin, we drove. Arriving at a town which was so busy it made me nervous. It was a change to our usual small, almost abandoned towns. But after spending a day there, we discovered everyone was friendly and no one recognised us, thankfully. So we stayed here the whole week. I thought it may be too risky to stay in one place for that long but it didn't seem to worry Luca.

"What is that about?" Luca raises an eyebrow at the book in my hands.

"Oh, it is about a woman who holds a man hostage because she is his biggest fan."

"Like me?" He smirks at me.

"Holding me hostage? No, she keeps him chained to a bed." I explain to him.

"No I mean being your biggest fan." Luca replies quickly with full seriousness.

I don't reply, it seems too hard to. As though all words were taken from my vocabulary as I think of a reply to him. My eyes fall back onto my book, scanning the words carefully. Each word helps me form an image of the scene taking place on the pages.

"Can you talk to me instead? I am bored." Luca groans in boredom with his back against the side of the tent.

"Okay." Before I close my book, I let my eyes search the tent floor for something I can use as a page holder but as I look with my head down, the sight of Luca's hand flashes above my eyes. My eyes flick upwards to see the reasoning behind his sudden movement. When I do, I see him holding a one dollar bill out to me.

My eye brow raises at him when I slowly take the note. "What's this for?"

"A book mark, Emilia." He replies as though it was the most obvious thing.

"Thanks." I slip the note between the pages and shut the book.

"So, what should we talk about?" Luca leans back with his hands behind him and his mesmerizing face tilted to the right.

I swear, every night he feeds me a love potion because every day I feel more and more obsessed with him, though I cant be sure if it is love.

"How about we talk about why you acted strange after killing Olivia? Are you getting soft on me?" I raise both eyebrows at the boy to which he bites his cheek, trying to hide a grin from me.

"Trust me, gorgeous. You do everything but make me soft."

"Well I didn't mea-"

"Ah ah ah!" He brings a finger to my mouth, shushing me. "To answer your question, I was worried about something. I had to fact check it with patience and studying. I now have my answer."

"Well you might have your answer but I don't have mine! That didn't answer my question at all!" I huff with a frown and go back to reading my book.

Luca's point of view

I didn't lie to Emily, I just didn't give her the explanation she was expecting. I knew she wanted a full explanation on my behaviour the day we left the cabin, but I didn't want her to think the same thing I was thinking. And the thought that stuck to my brain like chewing gum was 'am I brain washing her'. As much as I don't want to admit it, no9t even to myself, the thought didn't leave me for a few days. But eventually, I realised I was one hundred percent sure with my answer. I am not brain washing her. Yes, Emily did want to leave me a short while ago but she doesn't anymore because she trusts me and actually feels for me. This isn't because I tricked her and gaslighted her into thinking that was her true emotions. This trust and these emotions, which she is really having, were created from trust, bonding and pure emotion. I didn't trick her into staying with me. She wants to be with me and anyone who thinks otherwise is an idiot; minus the small amount of time I did of course.

Once again, she goes back to reading her favourite author, Stephen King. I think she might like his company more than mine. I don't know Emily picks his books every time I buy her some books, but it seems to keep her happy and relaxed so I don't mind if all my money goes to Mr king. At least he is a good author and didn't get undeserved fame.

"Emily" I sing. "Pay attention to me."

A loud, over exaggerated groan leaves her mouth. A sense of deja vu washes over me when I see her place the note into the book again, just like moments before.

Her movements are so quick, I almost don't realise she moved at all yet I see her wrapping her legs around me, placing her butt on my crossed legs.

"I will pay attention to you." Emily pulls my ring from my index finger and places it in between her fingers, playing with it like she does from time to time. "Where did you get these rings? You have so many."

"I have saw your dressing table, the amount of rings on there is triple to what I own."

"Yeah but you don't exactly own a whole lot." Emily looks around us in the tent, not seeing any of my belongings that we don't share.

"I own more than you think." I rub her hip with my thumb.

"What? A car you stole? A backpack and a tent?"

"I own something worth way more than any of that and worth more than the belongings of the richest people." My body falls into a lying position, keeping Emily in my grip the whole time. I lay on top of her with my face buried in her neck.

"What is that?"

"You."

"You don't own me." She jokes, or so I hope. Because I do own her and she needs to know that.

"Are you sure about that?"

"Yes."

"Well, you are mistaken because I do own you. You are mine, you are with me everyday, you are a part of me. You own my heart and that's something I physically cant live without, so I own you. For health reasons, of course."

"No other reasons?" Emily's finger traces a scar along my chest in a sensual way that makes goosebumps control my all my senses.

"Well, maybe a little bit for physical and emotional reasons too. Mainly physical."

"I don't own your heart." She disagrees with me, probably because she doesn't know the extreme chest pains I would suffer if she ever left me, it wouldn't even take long for me to drop dead by heart break.

"Yes, you do."

My tongue traces her jawline making her body tense up at my touch and soft licks. Emily grabs the back of my neck, pulling me closer as she becomes more desperate for me.

"Emily."

"Yes?"

"I want to hear you say it."

"It." She replies which would make me roll my eyes if I didn't have them closed.

"Don't be a smart ass. I want to hear you say I own you."

"But I simply disagree." She smiles at me in an innocent way.

"Then I guess I will need to prove it to you."

"How?" Emily frowns, clearly scared of my comment.

I remove my shirt and take her wrists in my hand, pinning them to the blanket. "Like this."