chapter 35

At first, Thomas doesn't reply. He just looks at us all, appalled we would excuse Luca's behaviour. Personally, I didn't care he killed people. At first, I did. I couldn't understand how he could kill someone and look at me, then carry on a conversation as though it never happened. And then, it didn't bother me... and then it did again. That was when I realised I liked him even when I didn't want to. I begged myself not to, but I did. And now, I accept it because he does it all for me. Every kill is just so he can keep me. I appreciate that.

"Thomas, please don't call the cops." I tuck some hair behind my ear as I ask this.

"Why? You were kidnapped!"

"Yeah, but it was for the best."  I explain.

"For the best? He is brain washing you Emily. Do you not see that? He is clearly crazy!" Thomas almost yells at me. He feels sorry for me. I don't know why, there's nothing to feel bad for.

"He isn't brain washing me." I shake my head and squeeze Luca's hand tight.

"I think he is. In fact, I know he is. I have seen things like this. It is called sto-"

"And I think it's time for you to shut the fuck up." Luca bluntly spoke to Thomas.

Thomas boldly replied with "You don't scare me." And puffed out his chest to show dominance over Luca, though Luca only chuckled.

"I should." Luca raises his eyebrows with a wide grin.

"Well, you don't. I am not a vulnerable little girl like Emily who you can control."

"Okay, Thomas just leave."  Olivia shakes her head at the boy.

"Why should I leave? Why not the sociopath?! Emily is clearly being brain washed by this moron and she needs help." 

"I don't need help and I don't want it." I frown and lean my back against Luca showing I am not going anywhere.

"Just leave, before this goes badly for you." Olivia tried again.

"Goes badly for me? It's him this will go badly for. He will go to jail like he should."

"God dammit Thomas! Leave or I will tell your parents you got me pregnant. You are nineteen and I am barely sixteen. Though if I take this makeup off and wear something a little more... innocent, I could easily pass for three years younger. So I suggest you leave." Olivia blackmails the boy. I am not sure why she is going through so much trouble to get him to leave since she seems pissed at me and doesn't like Luca. I just assume it is because she doesn't want Thomas to get hurt.

"Fine! I will leave. But if he doesn't leave by tomorrow, I will call the police. And Emily?"

"Yeah?" I mumble a response.

"I know you think I am a dick, but he really is brain washing you .I hope you realise that soon." With the last words he spoke, he walked out of the room, exiting the house and returning to the Honda ridgeline out front.

"I am proud of you." I whisper to Luca and he tenses up. I instantly realised he has probably never had anyone say that to him before.

"What for?"  Luca frowns at me.

"Not killing him."

Luca grabs my hand and walks over to our bedroom we are staying in, leaving Olivia alone to sleep. I felt a little bad we left her alone since she was allowing us to stay here for free.

When we walk into the large room Luca pulls me in for a hug. His arms wrap around me desperately.

"Are you ok?" I question.

"Thank you for handling the situation."

"You are welcome." I try to pull back from the warm hug to look at his face but he doesn't loosen when I do, making it impossible to look at him.

"Don't pull away." He warns me but not in a harsh way, more in a sad way. Like he doesn't want to let go.

"Are you sure you are ok?"

"I am fine, I just love you so much. And you know he was making things up, right? I am not brain washing you."

"I know. Of course I know that Luca. You love me, you wouldn't brain wash me." I hug him tighter.

"I need to go shower, I was sweating so much through anger back there."

"Can I join you?"

His body stiffens from my request.

"after ten minutes."

"Why?" I finally pull back from the hug and look up at him.

"Because if you come with me now, I wont get clean."

"You wont? Why?"

"I will be busy doing something else."

Before I have time to reply to his comment, he walks to the bathroom and shuts the door. I decide to brush my hair out at the dressing table by the window. I haven't had a shower in days since we mainly camp out In fields. We normally use a lake to get washed in, though I think it might make us more dirty. My hair is shorter now which means it doesn't get dirty as quick as it used it and still looks healthy and soft despite not being washed a little while.

As I work my way through my hair, I hear the shower turn on.

Luca's point of view

The situation that happened ten minutes ago left me feeling furious. What made him think he had the right to confront her and tell her she is being brain washed. Telling someone they are being brain showed is brain washing in itself if you ask me. I  felt so mad with each word she spoke, but Emily calmed me with each word she followed up with. She was calm and stayed by my side the entire time. It makes me scrub soap onto my body faster than usual, wanting to finish washing so I can call her in here to join me. I love how she defends me against everyone, no matter what the situation is. Even when I am wrong, she defends me. I think she always will. I hope she always will too. I want her to defend me and not let anyone talk badly of me, just like I wouldn't let anyone talk badly of her. They would wish they had a heart attack and dropped dead if anyone talks badly about her in front of me. I don't even know if anyone will have anything bad to say. She is so perfect, it would be hard for her worst enemy to think of something bad to say.

After I scrubbed my body clean and washed then rinsed my hair, I was ready for her. Just as I was about to jump out of the shower to grab her, I hear the bathroom door open. I smirk to myself and lean passed the shower curtain to glance at the bedroom door. Sadly, she wasn't there for me. I frown in confusion, knowing I heard a door open and close and then the realisation sets in. There is two bathroom doors. One leading to the bedroom and one leading out to the hall. But why would she use the hall door?

My brow furrows in deep confusion until I see a shadow on the other side of the curtain. A skinny and tall female figure. My jaw clenches as soon as I see it. That isn't Emily.

Emily is short and has curves. Her body is perfection, I couldn't mistake it for another.

Suddenly, the shower curtain moves to the right, creating a gap for someone to enter.