Chapter 25

"No, no I am not getting a tattoo." She refuses after I state it was her turn, though I wasn't referring to tattoos. Emily's lips separate as she looks up at me, her gaze drips with fear.

"Calm down, princess. I wasn't talking about tattoos." I tone is reassuring. I get off the bed and walk to the small desk in the room. "Come sit."

Emily obliges and stakes a seat on the chair I stand behind. I take the scissors in hand and start cutting the damp, dark hair up to her shoulder blade. Once it is all cut straight, it falls over her shoulder. I spin the chair around and grab the hair dye bottle from the desk.

"What're you doing?" Fear enters her once again as I pick up the dirty bottle.

"Just trust me, please." Next, I pick up the makeup brush and dip it in the dye. Carefully, I trace around her eyebrows, making them go from blonde to brown.

"You look like a completely different person." She speaks, I can feel her breath against my face when she talks. I now kneel beside her, like she previously was with me. Her eyes stay on me, taking the details my face holds, from the concentration in my face down to the faint scars I earned when I was younger.

"That was the goal." I finish her eyebrows and use the bottom of the brush next. once again, I dip it into the dye, this time lightly dapping the small circled end around her face, creating tiny freckles.

"Okay..." I whisper now finished. "Try not to move and wait for It to dry." I instruct her but she doesn't listen, moving instantly to follow my eyes when I stand up.

"Will the dye last long?" She asks me, her voice is calm and almost a whisper.

"Well, yours will last around four months and mine will probably only last a few weeks, if that. But if it rains a lot then it wont live." I chuckle. "So, how do I look with tattoos."

"Hot." She laughs but it takes me a few seconds to react to her words.

"Thanks, gorgeous." I wink at her. "You know I really like the new look. It makes you look... older. Less innocent."

"Did you not like me looking innocent?" She raises her eyebrows.

"Don't raise your brows like that, you will mess up the dye. Of course I love the innocent look, the blonde hair suits you better than it has ever suited anyone. But it is nice to see you another way."

"I will take that as a compliment." Emily laughs.

"Good, because it was." My hand stokes her back slightly which makes her tense up. It takes a lot in me to remove my hand, the feeling of her skin being too addictive but I do it anyway.

"Why did you stop?" She doesn't look at me when she speaks.

"I don't want to make you uncomfortable."

Her body turns in my direction and her eyes fall to my bare chest. She stands from the chair and puts her hand against my chest. I look deep into her eyes, waiting for her to speak. "you don't." She whispers.

I wrap my hand around her waist and pull her closer to me. I can feel her warm breath against my cooler skin as it gets heavier and heavier.

"Am I making you nervous?" I look down at her, tilting my head.

She nods slightly. "But I don't mind." Emily's eyes look up at me in an innocent way that almost makes me feel bad for holding her like this; almost.

My hand travels down to her lower back, stroking my fingertips gently against her skin.

"Good. Because I am becoming really desperate for you." I whisper in her ear.

She places a kiss onto my lips, a lot more desperate than usual, more needy.

My hand goes even further down her body, becoming more desperate to feel what is under her clothes but before I  even have a chance to take it further, she pulls back.

"I think I should wash this off now." She refers to the dye and walks off to the bathroom, leaving me trying hard to push away unwanted thoughts.

Instead of overthinking what just happened, I clean up all of our mess in the room.

After ten minutes, I have finished cleaning, leaving the room in the same state it was before. I catch a glimpse of myself in the mirror as I place it back on the cabinet. The tattoos on my face are small, almost not noticeable. But the ones on my neck are much bigger.

When examining the state my tattoos are in, I hear the bathroom door open behind me. My eyes wander over to the door where I see Emily standing. Her hair is now dry and appears as a light brown colour. The strands fall just over her shoulders, in comparison to her hair before the change which stopped below her waist.

When she sleeps at night, I intertwine my fingers in her hair to feel closer to her, something the long hair gave me an advantage to.

"I saw myself in the mirror, I am unrecognisable." She laughs softly. "The freckles are a nice touch, though. I like them. Thank you."

"No need to thank me... are you ready to go get some food?"

.

Emily and I decided it would be best to dine with gas station food for tonight, considering I almost got caught today. The moment she told me the cops were coming, I trusted her completely. Any doubt I had towards her is now gone. I trust her and maybe I will regret putting my trust in her but that is the whole point in trust. You don't know what is going to happen, you just have to trust it will be the right thing.

I don't understand why she told me or why she is even getting close to me. I would have thought nothing would change her mind and no matter what I done, it would never be enough. But it is quite the opposite, I didn't even have to try hard to make her like me. She doesn't love me, I know that. But I don't need her to, liking me is way more than I expected.

"Why did you chose to write 'light'?" Emily asks, looking at the tattoo near my hairline.

"It is the meaning of Lucius. It was the first thing I thought of." I shrug.

"I like that." Emilia states before taking a bite of her sandwich.

" what is your favourite one?" I question

"Tattoo?"

*I nod at her and squint slightly*

"My masterpiece lightning" Emily laughs looking down at the tattoo.

I watch in awe at how she sits here with me and doesn't even mind, her demeanor completely relaxed and hopefully her mind too. I smile to myself and take a bite of my sandwich.