Chapter 11

Artemis had quickly left, unoticed by the sisters who continued to fight. Standing outside as she heard the shouting going on and quickly turned around as she heard the door open to see Ziggy pushing Cindy out.

Ziggy quickly grabbed Artemis, pulling her in as she slammed the door in Cindy's face.

_____________

Opening the door Artemis walked in with the jug of water that was going to be used in the paint to help dilute it.

"Did anyone catch you?" Ziggy question as she sat on the floor with a can of red paint.

"Nope."

Ziggy laughed before mixing the water into the paint. "You know your pretty good at sneaking around for an uptown girl."

"Well I had a good teacher." Replied Artemis as she sat on the bed, thinking of her aunt Maze.

"I'm surprised you helping me. I mean the rumors don't help so people tend to stay away."

"Well, I'm bored of the place. Camping isn't my forte, so I might as well try and end the camp quickly."

A knock at the cabin door stopped Ziggy's request, causing her to roll her eyes. "Go away, Cindy." She called out.

"It's me. It's Nick."

Artemis glared at the door, his aura was darker. She knew she had found the master of the shadow demons that had dared attacked her. But for his aura to darken, meant he had placed another curse or had a victim now to power whatever spell he caused.

Ziggy's eyes darted onto Artemis, "Go away, Nick." Ziggy said, only for the counselor to go against her words and open the cabin door.

"Whoa..." Was all the counselor could muster as his eyes landed on the wall behind them. "Like what you guys have done with the place." He stated, his eyes wide as he continued to read over the words.

"Wasn't us." Ziggy stated the obvious before going back to the paint.

"Oh, I'm shocked." He remarked as he leaned on Sidney's bed. "Sidney is a witch bitch. Ziggy sucks cocks in Hell. Jeez. Sheila?"

Ziggy scoffed as a scowl painted her face as she furiously mixed the paint.

"Looks like blood." Nick muttered as he watched Ziggy stir in the water.

"Well we didn't have a pig or a volunteer, so..." Artemis said boredly, watching any hint of a reaction.

"Carrie. Cool." He said smiling at Artemis.

"Wait, you've actually read Carrie?" Ziggy couldn't believe that Nick Goode had gotten the reference, she'd honestly thought he had been lying when he told Sidney he read King.

"Yeah. Second favorite after Salem's Lot." He stated smugly, crossing his arms over his chest. "Still, I dunno, paint seems a little pedestrian." Nick said, a fake frown tugging at his lips.

"Oh, I'm sorry." It was that side of Nick that annoyed Ziggy, he never knew when to stop.

"Do you have a better idea?" Artemis asked, wanting to test him to see if he was being controlled by the demon or if it was by his own will, because if it was then she would have to be careful when she had to take the book.

"Maybe." He grinned, a mischievous glint shined in his eyes. "Shouldn't you be, like, turning us in or something?" Nick rolled his eyes at the question. "I should be supervising Color War, but I noticed you two were MIA and--"

"You decided to stalk us?" Ziggy cut him off, much to his annoyance. Artemis watched in amusement as they argued back and forth.

"Check in on you." He said softly, his eyes shifting onto Artemis who awkwardly sat between the two. "Clearly you don't need my assistance. All good. Go ahead. Carrie on." Nick grinned to himself before turning to walk out of the cabin.

"Wait!" Artemis quickly stood from her spot.

"Artemis..." Ziggy mumbled, lightly tugging on her friend's hand to stop her.

"What's your idea?" She asked, much to Nick's enjoyment as he quickly pulled a pair of keys from his pocket.

"Science & Nature."

________________