Chapter 8

"Hi, Cindy." Nurse Lane replied softly as she quickly relaxed, breathing heavily in anger.

Ziggy quickly stood up from the cot.

"Ziggy. Artemis." Her eyes darted to the friends, shooting them a slight glare. "Let's go." She nodded for them to follow her outside.

Letting out a scoff, Ziggy pulled Artemis with her towards the door and past Cindy, ignoring her older sister as she followed them outside.

"You do realize what happens if you get kicked out, right?" said Cindy beratingly as they walked down the steps of the cabin. "How awful that would be for me?" She continued, only for Ziggy to ignore her.

"Did someone do something to Nurse Lane. Like, make fun of her daughter?" Ziggy questioned, as she thought of Ruby Lane and Artemis's words of the big question why did Ruby snap.

"ZIGGY, are you even listening to me?!!" Shouted Cindy as her annoyance towards her little sister grew more.

"I.... do you hear what I am saying to you?"

Rolling her eyes, Ziggy shook her head at the way her sister was treating the situation. "Loud and clear, ma'am." She said sarcastically.

Cindy laughed to herself, "Well, clearly you don't, since we had this conversation last week and the week before that." She reminded, on an unpleasant tone.

"I'm not gonna get kicked out." Was Ziggy's only response.

"Well, that's not what Kurt thinks--"

"Yeah, well, Kurt can suck it." Ziggy cut Cindy off with a slight smirk playing on her lips.

"No! Ziggy, no! If you get kicked out, I do too." Retorted Cindy as Ziggy rolled her eyes again, annoyed at Cindy's worries. "Mom can't work and take care of you. Then how will I pay for college, huh?"

Ziggy couldn't hold back her scoff at her sister's' words, laughing slightly at Cindy's reasoning. "Oh, that's funny to you?"

"Yeah, kinda." Ziggy stated, before walking away with Artemis. "Explain to me what's so funny." Cindy inquired, following the two.

"How dumb you are? No one gets out of this town, not even Miss Perfect. Bet on your way out, you'll get run over by a bus." Ziggy mumbled the last bit, causing Artemis to smirk at the response.

The two girls walked further away from Cindy, and this time she didn't try to follow them. "ALSO I'M NOT IN TROUBLE, THOSE FUCKING SUNNYSIDERS ARE, THEIR IN DETENTION DUTY.!!" shouted Ziggy in victory as she happily waved towards her sister.

Artemis chuckled before putting her arm on Ziggy shoulders, "Come on, the activities are starting." She said as they walked off.