3.2

⎯⎯ ୨ 3.2: sometimes u gotta bleed to know ୧ ⎯⎯

THEY EXITED THE GYM, right into a dimly lit hallway. they walked as stealthily as they could down the corridor. melanie had her dagger in her hand. she peeked over her shoulder to see annabeth also had done the same, and thalia had her spear and her freaky ass medusa shield out. grover nibbled on his shirt nervously. 

they paced deeper into the hallway. it was much more quiet, eerie quiet since melanie's earlobes had been getting railed by god awful music. 

in the distance, melanie heard a very faint laugh. she waved at her friends to follow her and keep track of the sound, but it was nearly impossible since it was so faint and distant.

and grover, trying to become percy and play the hero tried to solve the problem for them. 

grover closed his eyes, putting his fingers to his temples like he was listening to inner voices.

"you guys," grover said, his eyes still shut, "percy's in trouble."

"oh, really?" melanie asked sarcastically. "how the fuck did you know, dipshit?"

"woah," annabeth said, getting in the way of melanie. "calm down, mel. it's not that serious."

she made eye contact with grover and she could immediately tell that that was not the best way to respond to what he said. in fact, it was probably the worst thing she could've said.

"grover, i'm really sorry," she said, shaking her head. "i-i-i really don't know what's been—"

"you're good," he interrupted, stepping in front of her towards the unexplored section of the hallway. "just let me lead. i think i can track him with my empathy link."

he hurriedly led them through some more dark hallways which were all void of students, through some doors and outside of westover hall.

that was where they saw percy and the di angelo siblings being held by dr. thorn.

annabeth quickly grabbed her and pulled her behind the wall so thorn wouldn't see them, and they peeked over the corner.

dr. thorn seemed to be waiting for something ... and she was right. there was a light in the distance, a searchlight over the sea accompanied by the chopping of helicopter blades getting louder and closer. 

"alright, here's the plan," annabeth said. then she turned invisible and melanie heard her scuttle off in thorn's direction.

"i—" thalia said, "is she serious?"