2.8

⎯⎯ ୨ 2.8: i'd love to see me from your point of view ୧ ⎯⎯

MELANIE WAS REALLY TIRED of feeling useless.

and quests, for that matter.

but when you're hit in the head by a flying piece of debris, there's not much you can do.

she woke up with a large clouded sensation in her head, right where she remembered getting unfortunately hit in the head by something from the css birmingham. luckily, it only hurt if she touched it.

she looked around. apparently, annabeth, being the smartass she was, had been at work. their lifeboat was now a rowboat with a makeshift sail stitched of gray uniform fabric.

it was sultry as shit. scorching hot. melanie had never felt this hot in her life. (actually, she always felt hot, but not the same as what she felt right now) even though it was nighttime, and the moon was shining right over them, it still felt exceptionally blazing.

at least there was a nice breeze. the wind blew on melanie's hair as she lay on the boat.

she sat up, immediately feeling a bit nauseous from the waves battering on their boat, quickly setting her gaze upon annabeth, who was tacking into the wind.

"good morning," melanie said brightly.

annabeth turned, looking pretty startled that she was awake, then she rolled her eyes. "you are such a dumbfuck."

melanie smiled innocently. "are you insinuating that it's my fault?"

"i'm in no mood for jokes, watergirl. i'm trying to figure out this longitude and latitude shit percy told us, but there's nothing for me to use to figure out where we are, and mister sea expert over here.." she elbowed at percy, "is out cold." 

annabeth turned around back towards the glistening atlantic ocean.

she looked to her side and was unsurprised to see percy lying on the boat next to where she was lying. she looked at his face and noted how serene the son of poseidon looked. his hair was as dark as ever and was quite messy from all the wind whistling past them, and he had a few beads of sweat along his forehead as proof he too was falling victim to the heat, yet he lay still and peaceful. 

then melanie realized she was staring and quickly averted her gaze from him, looking up towards anything except him, up towards the water. she tried to see if there was anything notable worthy of her gaze, however there was not. only the dark bluish-green water of the sea of monsters blanketed everything she could see.