2.2

⎯⎯ ୨ 2.2: that was the first sign u were letting go ୧ ⎯⎯

MELANIE HAD ONLY been gone for one day, and already so much had changed at camp. there were already so many campers back for the summer, and there was the ever-present tension of camp's borders being fucked over with, making everyone on edge. and, well, she was stressed out more than ever.

there were lots of things to be stressed about. the safety of camp, for one thing.

another thing was chiron, whom she, percy, and annabeth were walking to right now.

and another thing was meghan fucking hart. where was this girl? just randomly goes missing in action. she hadn't iris-messaged the daughter of apollo for a few weeks, and bam! so much shit happens. apparently, she's in chicago.

why the fuck would she be in chicago? there's like nothing in chicago.

anyway, she just missed her. sure, they had the whole summer last year but she just missed being in her presence. and also, where the fuck was she?

oh yeah, also the big bad antagonist lurking in the shadows. kronos. she didn't know his intentions yet, but they couldn't be good, especially since luke was on his side.

gods, luke. she knew that there was something off about the sandy-haired boy ever since he crossed that boundary line so many years ago. and she was right! she should be like, a fortune teller or something. maybe she shouldn't be a demigod, just be one of those hippie fortune tellers that live in vans in like, tampa bay or something and make a living off that.

well, annabeth always loved luke, which was a topic the two had always had petty arguments about.

but meghan? that girl was definitely felt the same way about luke. you see, meghan can be a real flirty girl whenever she likes someone. she did it with charles beckendorf, who she had a crush on back when she was twelve. but that was just a passing crush. meghan had a crush on luke ever since melanie was nine and she was twelve. that's how long it was.

and melanie? well, melanie felt a certain type of way about the daughter of apollo that she would never ever admit to anyone. she always thought it was wrong ... but she could never overcome her emotions. therefore, she held it inside of her in silence. she always tried to hide her true feelings, and she did a pretty fucking good job of it. she always knew meghan thought of her as only her friend. 

but with her being gone, supposedly in chicago, the daughter of hera couldn't help but worry...

the four of them, melanie, annabeth, percy, and tyson the cyclops made their way to the big house. tyson was absolutely fascinated by everything that he saw.

"whasthat!" he gasped.

"the stables for the pegasi," percy replied. "the winged horses."

"whasthat!"