2.1

⎯⎯ ୨ 2.1: and i got this rubber band on my wrist ୧ ⎯⎯

MELANIE WAS SITTING alone in one of those cafes, sipping a cup of coffee as she waited for the time to pass by. she was exhausted, but she had to be here. 

it was pretty stupid, actually. everything in her demigod life was.

so, just to recap: after annabeth, meghan, percy, and grover left, for the first few months camp was boring. literally just your everyday routine and go back to sleep. make and talk with a few friends here and there. yeah, yeah. all that good stuff.

but recently, everything was way more chaotic. for some reason, camp borders were failing, for reasons undisclosed to melanie, so the year-round campers set up a border patrol to guard camp's borders and make sure no unwanted intruders could, well, intrude. melanie had iris-messaged annabeth and meghan several times, warning them about the danger, and they said they would be there in no time.

unfortunately, the one person she couldn't get to was percy jackson, who, don't tell anyone this, was the only person she believed could help fix things. and so, here she was, on the last day of school for percy.

she'd went over the plan with percy's mom, who she and chiron called the night prior. they talked about the dangerous status of camp and how she should try to delay percy's coming to camp straight away. but deep down, both melanie and chiron knew what was better, and that was he come to camp immediately. so, they went over a plan with sally about how melanie would come and pick him up after school and bring him to camp. and luckily, the woman had no problems with it.

so, here she was, a block away from percy's apartment, sipping on her second cup of coffee.

she thought about annabeth and meghan who were going to be making their way to camp today, and how much she missed them. sure, they iris-messaged a gazillion times, but she missed being in the same room with them.

she checked the clock on the wall. it read 7:42 a.m. probably waking up around now, so she took one last sip of her coffee and walked toward's percy apartment.

percy's apartment wasn't anything unimpressive. just your casual city apartment. luckily, there were some fire escapes, so melanie could drag herself up.

finally, she reached the fifth floor, the floor of the jackson apartment. she peered inside, and she caught her breath.

in the middle of it, she saw percy. she was vastly different from when she last saw him. his hair was longer. he wasn't as slim anymore, and his features were much more defined. nothing like the skinny thirteen year old she'd hated last year. gods, puberty was great. and also, his shirt was a bit pulled up, so she could see the outline of what could be abs.