2.6

⎯⎯ ୨ 2.6: it's a love story, baby, just say yes ୧ ⎯⎯

ALL THE MONSTERS were starting to piss meghan off.

she was exhausted, terrified, depressed, name any negative emotion, and meghan was feeling it.

it started to get bad when she fought a amphisbaena, a snake with two heads, one on its head, and one on its tail she easily killed it by smacking it with the handle of her bow into the chicago river, but it got a bite in her ankle before she was able to defeat it. the bite had been stinging her ankle ever since, but, luckily, it wasn't a poisonous monster.

then, shortly after, she got attacked by a flock of stymphalian birds. she didn't know what the fuck that was about, but it bruised her quite a bit. she was able to kill a good amount of them as they were flying overhead over the dusable bridge, but unfortunately, some of her arrows snapped as she tried to retrieve them back. now, she was a bit lacking in the arrow department.

then, as she was finally leaving chicago, some dumbass stray harpies just decided to attack her. sure, she just shot them right in the head, killing them easily, but at this point she was getting fed up with all the monsters.

the monster attacks continued to attack as she made her way southeast. weird variations of reptiles meghan didn't know, some weird-deformed cat things meghan didn't bother doing her research on, and for some reason some centaurs decided to attack her. when that happened, she did her best to not try to harm the horse-men, but eventually she had no choice but to stab them with her knife. she had to constantly remind her that they weren't chiron, but they were chiron's brothers, which is when she started to cry.

one of those sorrowful days, she was feeling particularly down about things. she was rapidly losing her supply of arrows, and her newfound powers she had only discovered days before were futile since she was constantly exhausted. at least she was able to sneak onto a bus from fort wayne all the way to washington d.c. 

whenever she was on a bus, or train, she always had time to think about the consequences of her actions.

like for example, last summer, thinking it was a great idea to leave camp and go to school in the mortal world and be with her mom in fucking chicago. what is there in chicago?

unfortunately, she found out: nothing! absolutely nothing. it was shitty, shitty, and, oh, did she mention shitty? 

yeah, it was shitty. 

she hated it there. she was constantly trying to send iris-messages to her friends and especially luke, as a way of escape. ironic, huh?