1.14

⎯⎯ ୨ 1.14: they wanna make me their queen ୧ ⎯⎯

IT WAS RAINING the whole trip.

you see - jfk all the way out to montauk, the outskirts of long island was not an easy trip. especially on a friday afternoon. especially on a stormy friday afternoon.

melanie, annabeth, and grover did not talk the entire trip. not a single word. she guessed they were all exhausted and much too overcome with joy and relief that they were back safe and sound, and soon enough would be reuniting with their friends and their home.

but something still buzzed in the air, and that was percy jackson. the son of poseidon whom she hated the entire year at yancy prior, who she was forced to put up with on her 'mission' with chiron at the private school. the same boy who insulted her, teased her, and called her nicknames. now, after the quest, she could admit that she was proud to call him a comrade. perhaps an acquaintance.

maybe even a friend.

melanie shook her head. no. she still hated the green-eyed boy, but she had to admit that he was impressive on his quest. before he even came to camp, he killed the minotaur, hauled grover over the boundary line, while wounded, and then became the son of poseidon after their capture-the-flag game. then, he immediately gets offered a quest, which he is forced to accept. he has to gulp down his worries, fears, and his doubts and lead her and the others to the fuckin' underworld, where he escapes the lord of the fucking dead and beats the shit out of a god of fucking war without much proper practice?

okay, she had to admit she was a little bit impressive.

she had not done too bad herself. hopefully hera would be proud of her.

melanie's thoughts drifted to her dreams, visions, and 'talk' with hera. the goddess of heaven had revealed so much to her in so little time. she hadn't had time to dig deeper on the true meanings and or consequences of what her mother said, and maybe she didn't even want to know.

but she knew, that one day, she would have to figure it out. figure everything out.

her thoughts drifted once again back to percy. she couldn't help but worry. she had faced zeus's wrath for five years of her life, and now percy had to face his. the god of lightning could be quite unpredictable, and she worried if he could handle it. but if he could handle hades and ares, she was sure he could handle zeus.

she thought about what percy had told her on the plane. the true lines of the prophecy for their quest.

you shall go west and face the god who has turned,