1.2

⎯⎯ ୨ 1.2: let's start the narcos off at episode 1 ୧ ⎯⎯

WHEN MELANIE FINALLY got to camp, she felt like she needed to vomit. breathing in that car air for over two hours was not good for her insides.

luckily, the familiar scent of camp half blood's strawberry fields calmed her down, and as she walked past thalia's tree, she felt like she could kill any monster.

she stopped for a second to appreciate the things at camp. she saw the volleyball court, where some apollo kids were playing against each other. the big house stood high and mighty over camp, but it looked dark inside. she guessed chiron wasn't at camp yet. the amphitheater was empty. she continued walking through camp.

she walked over to hera's cabin. she didn't see any of her friends along the way, which made her frown.

when she walked in, it was freezing cold inside. luckily, chiron got her friend, charles beckendorf, a son of hephaestus, to install a wireless thermostat inside so she could stay cozy.

she dropped her bags onto her bed, and lied down. she was still having some side effects from the car ride so she shut her eyes to take a nap.

suddenly, there was rapid fire of knocking on her door, and she knew who it was.

"hey!" the voice shouted, not waiting for permission to come in. annabeth opened the door and ran over to melanie, wrapping her in a bear hug.

"mel!" annabeth shouted, hugging her so tightly. "you have no idea how much i've missed you!"

"i missed you so much as well, annie."

they held a bear hug for a few seconds.

they had been best friends ever since melanie had watched grover rescue them.

meghan, her friend and daughter of apollo, was teaching her how to play basketball. at the time, meghan was nine and she was eight. she was teaching her how to dribble, and she was quickly getting the hang of it.

they were practicing when a conch horn announced an emergency. melanie looked around and saw a group of kids, approaching the camp. from a distance, she could tell they were exhausted and bruised up. a satyr was leading them, and they ran closer and closer to camp.

the group was being chased by monsters. a boy with blonde hair and sky-blue eyes, around the age of 14, was running right behind the satyr, a steel sword in his hand. close by was a smaller girl, maybe around the age of six or seven, with blonde hair and storm-gray eyes, with a terrified expression on her face. she held a gold knife in her hands, like she was scared to drop it. a girl, with dark, punk hair ushered the girl to keep going. in her hand she wielded the scariest thing melanie had seen - a shield with the face of a woman that had snakes in her hair. she also held a spear that radiated electricity.

as the scene unfolded, she watched as the girl shouted something to the other two kids, and the boy nodded grimly. she could see the blonde-haired girl stop and look back, but the boy ran back and made her keep going. the girl with the spear and shield turned around, towards the monsters, and she charged. after a few seconds, the two kids raced towards the camp, with the blonde-haired girl sobbing her eyes out. then, there was a shrill scream that reminded melanie of her worst memories. she was still traumatized by it present day.