chapter 12 | Belong to me

"When you were with that girl, why didn't you break up with her and confess to me if you did have feelings for me?" I look down, my breathing deepening and affecting my lungs as if the air in my room was suddenly thicker.

He does not answer right away as if he was not sure what to say. "I told you. I was scared to lose you."

"But you knew I was in love with you too. It doesn't make sense, Jungkook," I do not believe him, aware of what Angelo exposed. "You don't understand. Confessing to you and dating you meant I'd have been more at risk to lose you."

His point still not sounding true at all, I let out what I know. "But you still lost me and didn't do anything about it," I do not keep it inside anymore, telling him what I truly feel. "I didn't know what to do, y/n," his voice and words reflect some emptiness as if he was not even trying.

"I got to know about what you once said to Felix and Angelo when you were drunk. You told them you didn't want to break up with her because sex was way too good, and she was so hot—"

"That motherfucker is the one who told you, isn't it?" he does not even defend himself or denies anything right away, and my throat tightens. "I was drunk. I never meant those words. You know it, y/n."

"No, I don't," I tear up, the pain in my chest only intensifying more now that I am hearing him talk about it and admit those words did leave his mouth. "I don't know anymore. I don't even know if the person I fell in love with and thought I knew was actually—"

"Don't you dare say that," he does not let me finish. "You know it more that anyone that I'd never mean those types of words. I was always genuine with you, I never lied about anything other than her—"

"But you still lied," I cut him off the same way he did it. "You pretended not to know, ignored my feelings, and let me go as if you didn't care."

"Stop talking like that, y/n. I swear," his voice quivers. "I made a mistake, and I regret it, but I don't ever want to hear you doubt my love and honesty for you. I was an asshole, I did things that I shouldn't have and wish I haven't done, but I've always loved you and cared about you more than anything. Angelo is just turning you against me and taking—"

"Stop mentioning him! It's not about him. It's about you, and the things you've done. Do you have any idea how this makes me feel? To know that not only I was suffering while you were apparently enjoying having sex with her, but you and your friends were aware of everything and just watched me being a dumb and naive girl? They knew and still must know so much more that I probably wouldn't want to even get to know about. And on top of that, I'm the one who caused your friendship to be destroyed. Can't you even understand how painful and humiliating this is?" I cry and cannot control my emotions any longer, feeling like a complete idiot and horrible person.

"How can I not mention him when he's the one at fault?! If he didn't act the way he did—"

"He's not. He's never done anything wrong, Jungkook," I do not let him put the blame on someone. "I understand why you'd want to point the finger at him because I felt the same way about the girl you dated, but I was wrong. It hurts him to see you treat him that way, you know? He maybe doesn't show it to you, but it does because he's not trying anything, he's just telling me the truth that you keep to yourself."

"You think I'm not telling the truth?" he does not like to hear me say that, but I affirm my thought. "You're just keeping it to yourself. If you didn't, I would have known about what Angelo said so far but from you."

"Every time you asked me a question, I answered with the truth," he asserts, my heart slamming me in the chest as the grief is starting to merge with some anger. "You didn't, Jungkook. You tell me half of the truth that I get to know from your friend!"