chapter 9 | Craving you

I cover my face with my hand and calm down, fighting against my emotions to not let them win and engulf me.

"I know you regret your choices and wanna fix your mistake, Jungkook, but you need to have a talk with her and let her decide what makes her happy," he puts some senses into me, being mature and acting like I should, but I tear up and clench my first. "I can't stand to see them together. He's just doing it on purpose to make me go mad because he knows it makes me lose my fucking mind when I see him touch her and flirt with her. I was always the only guy in her life, I was her best friend, her first crush, her first love, we were so physically close with one another...She can't have that with another guy, she must still have me on her mind..."

"I understand where you're coming from, but your words make you sound toxic. Don't have those thoughts on your mind, please. You hurt her...and I know you didn't mean to, but you can't be mad at her for trying to move on then making friends with other people and growing fond of another person. And I'm not saying she's in love with him or anything, I don't know, but if she did fall in love, don't be mad at her or him because I know he's not doing anything to provoke you. Alright?" he attempts to help but only worsens a part of me that I cannot get rid of.

That thought which keeps telling me that she is mine, that I am the only one allowed to touch her, kiss her, or take her virginity. He did not even go through half of what I went through with her, so how dare he talk to me like that?

"Instead of being mad, understand what causes that feeling, control it, and talk to her. That could solve a big problem because you could be assuming a lot of stuff right now that isn't true," he speaks in the most poised voice and manages to put my mind at rest, and I gaze in front of me. "I know that what I think is true. The way she acts with him, she's affected by what he does or says. I know her."

"Well, let's be honest, I think many girls would. That doesn't mean she's in love with him," he gives me hope. "I often catch her looking at you as much as you stare at her, so you need to be alone and speak to one another."

"Yeah..." I agree. I want this day to happen. I miss her, I miss feeling her close to me, seeing her smile because of me and no one else.

•••

3:50 pm.

All the boys waiting in line to order some ice cream, I stick my hands in the pockets of my pants and peek at her, who is the only one here with me.

"I'm sorry about earlier, I didn't mean to make you cry," I do not let this only opportunity slip away from me, knowing I have to apologize for going too far. She turns her head, and our eyes meet. "It's okay. I didn't cry."

"I saw you..." I do not glance away anymore, but she does. Her eyes remain on the boys as if she did not want to look at me anymore. Since what happened earlier, she has not put her eyes on me again, and I know what that means when she acts that way.

"You know I don't do that to hurt you or try to take your happiness away, right?" I hope for her to understand what my behavior means. Her lips curve up, faintly, and she nods. "I know," her eyes land on mine. "I just wish you wouldn't fight anymore. I just want you to be friends again."

I gaze deeply into both of her eyes, none of us breaking this connection. My heart beating harder, I move closer and wrap one arm around her, stand in front of her, and hold her against me.

The feeling of her body pressed against mine warming my inside up, she hugs me back, and I bring my face near the side of hers, tighten my hold around her, and close my eyes.

"Are you okay?" she asks in a low and soft voice, and I feel all my pain alleviate. "I miss you..." I rub my hand over her back, craving her touch, kisses, and attention. "I missed you too."