chapter 10 | Hating you

He rises from his spot right away and forces his way between my body and the seats, holding me by the hips while heavily brushing past me.

When he is gone, I sit back down but leave the rest of the meat and side dishes to the boys. I cannot swallow anything more.

"Are you still not together?" Kaden addresses me about our relationship. "We're friends. We told you."

He does not answer but nods his head, still enjoying the meal, so I do not talk but send a text to my father to tell him I will stay at Enna's house after this meal, even though this is not true.

"Could I check something and say something about you once he's back?" Kaden speaks again. "Check what?"

"I kinda indirectly let him know you're gonna spend this Sunday with Jungkook," he comes up with the worst idea, and I frown, not getting the purpose of this falsehood. "Why would you?"

"I wanna prove a point and show you I'm right," he checks in the restroom direction to make sure he is not here yet. "Right about what?"

"That he's into you but denying it," he gets Felix's eyes to end on him. "He won't show it in front of you but just talk about it with her when they're alone if he actually gets jealous, so your plan is dogshit."

"You are dogshit, so shut up and watch me prove I'm the smartest," he confidently claims. "Sure. What are you gonna do tomorrow, Jungkook?" Felix questions him, asking about his plans and drifting away from the previous subject. "Nothing. Why?"

"I'm going to the gym in the morning, do you wanna come with me?" he invites him, knowing that Jungkook would not refuse to work out.

Against expectations, he actually shakes his head, surprising me with something he would never have done in the past. "I can't. I'm not really in the mood lately. I mean, I can come and be there to help if you need, but I won't do anything."

"Well, it's up to you. You don't have to come if you wanna stay home. Don't worry," he does not force him but makes sure he knows it. "I'll come, I don't want to stay home alone."

I look at him after hearing this sentence, feeling some pain in my heart.

"I'll entertain you, don't worry. I'm better than a girlfriend," he states and manages to put a smile on his face, but I cannot move on from this. "Are you always alone when you don't hang out with them?" I do not keep quiet, and he makes eye contact with me, not eating anymore either. "Yeah, but it's fine. I get to do whatever I want."

"That's not what you told me some weeks ago," Felix exposes him in front of me as if he wanted me to know, which would not surprise me since he is aware of everything that happened. Jungkook glares at him, making it obvious that he would have liked him to keep it to myself. "I don't remember saying that."

"I do, but it's okay," he mumbles under his breath, and I notice, from the corner of my eye, Angelo coming back, so I stand up. He passes behind me for the second time but cannot hold back from grabbing me, and we both sit down.

"Angelo, what are you doing this weekend?" Kaden starts what he mentioned a few minutes ago like an idiot. "I'll be with y/n tomorrow, but I don't know about Sunday. Why? Do you wanna hang out?" he does not expect anything.

"Well, I wanted to invite you all to go watch a movie, but Felix will be busy, and Jungkook and y/n decided to spend the day together, so you're the last one who could save—"

"What?" he does not even let him finish but glances at us both, and his eyes remain on me. "Is that true?"

Before I could even answer him, Kaden interrupts me. "Dude. I'm gonna be alone. Doesn't it matter more?"