chapter 4 | Pretty boy

•••

4:30 pm.

"Hey," Enna kicks my foot to have my attention, and I move my eyes away from the outside of the bus. "What's Angelo's social media?"

"I'm not gonna give you the opportunity to stalk him, weirdo," I prevent her from doing this again, and she sighs as if she had the right to. "Come on. I just wanna know what type of guy he is."

"Then talk to him like a normal human," I give her a judging look, not getting why she is so obsessed about doing this same thing with everyone. "You think he'd be honest? Most people hide a part of them when they talk to you, and that part of them can be found on their social media. This guy seems too perfect, he's tall as fuck, he's got Gojo's eyes, and even his height when I think about it, he's got tattoos, he's hot, has a hot voice but is so sweet, so that's too much to not be sus."

"You're thirsting over him way too much," I receive a kick in the calf right after. "I'm just letting out what you keep in. Do you know if he has a girlfriend at least? If he's gay?"

"I don't know and don't care, so now, shut up and give me a break," I set my eyes back on the road and check where the bus is, how far we are from my house. "I'm bored when I don't talk," she does not close her mouth, causing me to glare at her but hold back from laughing.

"Fine!" she listens to me and ceases, finally.

"How do you find him though?" she stays focused on him, and I shrug. "He's fun to be with."

"Fun to be with," she never stops repeating my words, not even hearing herself and how annoying she can sound sometimes. "Is that all?"

"I don't know. He's cute and kind, what do you want me to say? I don't really know him personally," I speak more about my feelings that I never like to put on display. "Don't you know a bit about his mindset? Some of his favorites? From what I've seen, he doesn't seem fruity, so you could—"

"You're cringe," I end her sentence to not hear more of it. "I just know that he loves playing video games, working out but not too much. He also talked about Jungkook's girlfriend last time we saw each other," I feed her hunger for drama and tea with this and do not keep it to myself. "He told me that he saw her many times because whenever he hangs out with Jungkook and his friends, she wants to be there, but he said that he can't stand her because she's noisy, immature, and arrogant."

"Holy shit, he said that?" she enjoys those news, loving the subject, and I nod. "Yeah. He really pointed out the fact that he dislike Tiktok girls, and since she's one, he made it obvious that she's like, a cliché, or something. I can't remember what words he used exactly, but I know he called her dumb and weird."

"This guy is smart. I like him," she does not feel the same way as she does about my best friend. My ex best friend. I knew this detail would make her have a preference. "Do you want me to set you up with him then?"

"No, set yourself up with him, dumbass," she shakes her head and furrows her eyebrows, and I scoff but turn a deaf ear to what left her mouth.

— Four months later —

Saturday, May 13th, 2023.

7:20 pm.

< tell me how this went once you're back home:> ]

I read Enna's text before going out of my house and roll my eyes, and I ignore her. She deserves it for trying to stalk him yesterday.

I walk up to Angelo's car after getting ready to go to his house to celebrate his birthday, and I open the door to get in.

"Hey," he greets me, sounding joyful, warm, and I speak in the same tone of voice. "Hey, how are you?" I place my bag on my lap to put my seat belt on, and he smiles, his pretty blue eyes sparkling. "I'm fine, how about you? Did you get enough sleep for tonight?"