Hide the truth

Sandhya was busy in stitching the lace for the Sea foam shade georgette dupatta for one of the orders as all the tailors left for the day, Since it is an urgent one that needs to be delivered next morning.

She carefully placed the golden lace on the edges of the dupatta and began to sew by switching on the machine. All the time, her mind is still hanging on to the conversation that she had with Akash the previous day. Though she gave a curt reply to him for his request, she was not able to come out of that.

Looking at her face, Sathish & Deepthi enquired about the meeting. But she lied that the cost for the lease is too much to afford and hence she rejected it. They convinced her not to ponder over on that property and they can look for someother better one. She hided the real reason of the meetup. She didn't want them to know about him as they both were too concerned and protective on her. Opening up might end up in major confusion. Her mind went back to the conversation with him.

'Sandhya...enakku theriyum...ipdi kekarthu thappu thaan..(I know what I am asking is absolutely not right...) but now I have no option as Dad had asked me this one thing..' Akash said with worried eyes.

'Do you think what you are asking is really sensible?' Sandhya said with fierce filled voice. Akash knew that she would bumping him with her arrows. Akash was silent.

'But....Unga appavo illa ammavo and un family members yaaraiyume naan paathathu illa...(I never met any of your family members) because you never introduced me to them or you never allowed me contact them in those 2 years..but what is the need for me to meet him when there isn't any relationship thread exists between us?' Sandhya threw the next sharp arrow to him making him to prepare himself for the question. Akash sighed.

'Sandhya...appavum ammavum naama innum happily married couplenu thaan nenachitu irukaanga...(My mom and dad still believe that we are happily married couples...) They still don't know that we were divorced..' He spilled slowly making her feel a thunderbolt.

The overlap of confusion made her head spin and she felt a peak of irritation looking at his behaviour. She knew that he was not happy when they both were married. He felt like she dumped him with responsibility in the name of marriage. To be very honest, he didn't even want to let his family know about his marriage.

After a month of their marriage, he just informed them that they were married. But he was so hot headed that he didn't allow her or them to have contact and mostly he himself distanced himself from them which is still a mystery for her looking at the wierd bonding strength with his family. But how could he even maintain the same tall story to his family?

'Athu yaaroda thappu Akash?'
(Whose fault is that Akash?)
Sandhya again shot the next question.

'Sandhya...ippo adha pathi discuss panna time illa...
(Now I don't have time to discuss this...) actually this is very serious..It would be of great help if you could do this...' Akash said with a restless voice.

Sandhya nodded her head by looking at the traffic outside the cafe.

'Ungalukku help venum illa...(you need my favour right?) let me give a better suggestion...I think its time for you to let your father know about us Akash...avarkitta neenga ithuku mela maraikarthu thappu...neenga openah unmaiye sollidunga..so that avarum enna pathi kekka maataru..neengalum ipdi vanthu enkitta nikka vendaam...'
(It's not right to hide this to your dad even in this situation...it's better you open up to him. So that he won't ask about me and you need to stand in front of me asking for a favour...)
Sandhya said and got up and was about to leave.

'Let this be our last meeting...Bye...' She left from there.

'Sandhya dupatta stich ayiduchu....innum yen machineah on panni vechi irukkae?'
(Sandhya...you have completed stitching dupatta...then why is the machine still on?)
Deepthi asked her to make her come out of her thoughts.