Expectations Vs Reality

Everyone turned towards his father's voice who looked at them with tired eyes and weak smile on his lips. Akash and Narmadha swiftly went towards him. Narmadha held his hand and Akash caressed his forehead.

'Appa..Naan inga vanthuten pa...Naanum Sandhyavum vanthu irukom..'
(Dad...i am here...i have Sandhya along with me...) Akash said to him.

'Ennanga ippo epdi irukku?'
(Dear...how are you feeling now..) Narmadha asked him with tears.

'Hmm..' he just nodded his head as he is feeling better.

'Rathiri engala evlo bayampudithitinga theriyuma?'
(Do you have any idea how you scared us last night?)
Narmadha sobbed a little.

'Amma...Ippo appa konjam betterah irukaaru (mom...just now dad is getting better)...please don't strain him by talking these..' Akash said. Rajendran smiled at them and later he looked at Sandhya who was standing behind them and looking at the conversations. Rajendran gestured for her to come front. Sandhya came and stood next to him. Rajendran smiled at her for which she reciprocated. He tried to touch her hand with his trembling hands, sensing that Sandhya clasped his hands.

'Oru vazhiya avan unna enga kannula kaatitaana?'
(At last he showed you to us...)
He asked looking at her.

'Avar ungala nenachu varuthapattute irunthaaru ( he was worried about you to the core all the way...)..you scared us last night..' Sandhya said to him. Rajendran looked at him.

'I like to keep them on wheels...' he said and gave a dry laugh bringing a little smile on everyone's face.

'Unna paakamale poiduvenonu nenachen...paravalla unna kootitu vanthutaan...nee inga varathuku munnadi varaikum nee irukene engalukku therila..edho pudhusa yaaraiyo kootitu vanthu ithu thaan en wifenu solvaanu nenchiten..'
(I thought my life would end without meeting you...but good that he brought you now...i didn't know that you were existing before your arrival...i thought that he would bring some random girl and introduce her as his wife....)
he again teased by winking at Akash. Before Akash could answer, Sandhya sat next to Rajendran.

'Ungalukku yen apdi thonichu? Avar unga paiyan...avar apdi seivaara? Illa naan thaan apdi vittuduvena..'
(What made you think like that?...he is your son...will he do that? Or will I let him do that?)
Sandhya's words defended Akash that became surprise to Akash. Their eyes locked for a second. Even she felt surprised by her own words.

'Avanukku naan solrathu kekkavo illa seiyavo pudikathu (he never liked listening to my words...)...But Understood...nee un husbandah vittu kuduka maatae ( you will defend your husband)...good to see like this...' Rajendran smiled and caressed her head. Akash didn't say anything.

'Akash sonnan(Akash said)...you own a boutique and you create the outfits so well...' Rajendran smiled at her and it was her turn to be surprised.

'Aama (yes)...I have been passionate about sewing since my childhood..athu thaan enna oru boutique open panna vechithu ( that made me open a boutique)..' She said with a little smile.

'Naan unkitta thaan neraiya pesanum ma...we have time to talk everything...inime nee inga thaane iruka porae..'
(I want to talk about many things with you...we have time to talk...hereafter you will be with us right....) Rajendran said with excitement brimming in his eyes making Sandhya and Akash jerk a little and they both glanced at each other. Akash quickly diverted the topic not to make it so awkward for the two of them especially for sandhya.

'Appa...Now you are looking better..Don't strain much..relax..and take some rest..' Akash told him. he just hummed in response.

'Appa is happy upon seeing you and Sandhya together...It wouldn't be fair if we stop him from being happy...' Narmadha genuinely felt happy and overwhelmed for them making the couples in increasing their density of guilt.