MoonStruck

Sandhya after having a good time with the entire family she reached her room where Akash was not seen in the room. She was not feeling sleepy and so she went to the open terrace to get some fresh air. She found the full moon been shining in the sky and gentle breeze touching her skin. She inhaled the air and relishing the moment.

She was admiring the full moon that was shining bright bringing chillness in her heart. She was just thinking of the happenings of the day. Above all she felt a kind of self contentment in seeing smile on Rajendran's face and a harmonious relationship between Akash and Rajendran. Unknowingly her lips twitched a smile by admiring the moon but her thoughts were on something else.

'What conversation are you having with moon?' Akash's voice made Sandhya come out of the trance.

'I am just confessing my love to the Moon....' Sandhya said looking at him. He hummed but again he was shocked to hear making her chuckle looking at his reaction.

He nodded his head with a smile and stood beside her and looked at the moon. He looked at her face that glowed under the moon light. Her silky long hair danced on the breeze giving a angelic look for her. Her earrings swayed according to the wind. He handed over the warm water.

'You had too much of ice-cream today. So have this...' Her eyes beamed with unknown excitement.

'Thanks....' Akash said looking at her.

'Edhukku? (For what?)' Sandhya puzzled.

'Ellathukkum...' (for everything..) He said looking deeply in her eyes.

'In fact I should thank you....for giving me this small happiness....' Sandhya smiled and again her gaze went on moon. There was silence for a couple of seconds.

'Unga kitta onnu kekalaama?' (Can I ask you something?)
Sandhya asked him. Akash nodded her to proceed.

'Unga familyla ellarum ungalukku supportive irukaanga (everyone in the family is so supportive for you)...infact they are happy to see you growing on your own...They are showering their love on you....Even Mama (uncle) is happy about your growth...Even they are showering love to me when i didn't even met them in past years...But why do you distant yourself from this family? Why are you distant from mama (Uncle)?' Sandhya couldn't stop herself from knowing the hidden reason. Akash's lips curved a little and turned towards her and leaned on the parapet wall.

'You are right...inga ellarum supportiveah irukaanga (everyone is supportive to me)....they care for me, they all love me....But Appa (dad) is kind of autocratic..Avaruku traditionalahna methods than businessla follow pannaumnu nenaiparu...He is not that flexible enough to accept the changes nor he is not receptive on new ideas. But for me i would like to experiment everything that comes in my way....that became a tug of war on and off. Appa wanted me to take over his business, but i had own passion. But one day, when it became too high on argument and dad yelled at me to leave the place as I had a dream of starting up the new construction business. Then I went to Chennai to start the new business. Then i did not turn up here until dad fell sick. Also he was not ready to talk to me or listen to me. So I didn't get chance to share anything to them and so i distanced myself from them.' Akash said the reason behind his distancing from his family. She felt bad for him.

'Intha 7 yearsla oru vaati kooda neenga varaliya?'
(Did you not come here even for once in these 7 years?)
Sandhya widened her eyes.

Akash smiled and sighed 'Just one or two times, when Spoorthi's naming ceremony happened and again when Preethi & Pradeep's wedding happened. Just twice I came...' Akash replied her.

'Mamaku pudikathanala neenga intha veetukku varalanu sonninga (you said since uncle was angry, you didn't turn up here).....but did you think of Athai (Aunty) and others in this house? They were all waiting for you all these 7 years? Don't you feel that you are hurting them as well for Mama's (uncle's) anger?' Sandhya asked softly with a smile making him think that he kept all the family members distant.